Best Ethnic/World VST?

Home Forums Software Best Ethnic/World VST?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Kubed
    Participant

I would like to get a good VST focusing on Ethnic/World sounds.
    I’ve heard about East West,sounds very good from the few videos i saw on youtube but i don’t have anything else to compare it to so far.

My budget would be around $300-500,can’t afford anything more than that atm.
    The use is for New Age,World,Cinematic and Hip-Hop genres mainly.
    I use FL studio and Ableton mostly.

I wouldn’t mind a little help here,sharing your experience with Ethnic VSTs would be greatly appreciated!

#18547 Reply
    Musicmatters
    Participant

East West is the best IMO, the RA library has a fair of selection of general ethnic sounds and would probably be in your budget. Apart from that, i cant think of a library that is so diverse. Most of your other libraries will be Kontakt based and would be individual to a region so would add up to be more.

#18548 Reply
    Chris

EastWest in my opinion as well

#18549 Reply
    LMFAO

Eduardo Tarilonte’s libraries for Best Service are very highly regarded. Check out ‘Desert Winds’, ‘Forest Kingdom’, etc.

East West ‘Silk’ is lovely. East West Ra has more range but IMO are not as detailed as Silk.

Also, Ethno World 5 is certainly worth a look.

#18555 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

thanks guys,seems like East West is very popular and of high quality.

@LMFAO: i noticed the “Silk” and “RA” versions too.Since i’m not necessarily looking for the rarest instruments in the world but for good quality and detail (as close to a real instrument’s sound as i can get from a VST),i’m guessing it’s better to get the “Silk” pack,if i’m going with East West (+ its price is at $300,which is on budget).

I’ll check the rest,thanks again!

#18556 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

Yes my choice would be RA based on what I have read. NI KOMPLETE seems to have some useable ones. Heard good things about Silk but I believe is Asian flavored.

#18557 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

@Kubed I have both Silk and RA. Silk is focused on Asian instruments. RA is global.

Some of the smaller developers have great individual instruments and collections.

Efimov has a great Russian collection and Duduk.

Impact Soundworks has Greek and Middle Eastern instruments.

Eduardo Tarilonte also has some great ethnic instruments.

Evolution has very good world percussion.

#18582 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

thanks MichaelL,i really enjoyed the Eduardo Tarilonte products.
    For now i’ll go with either RA or Silk but i’m pretty sure i’ll do a little investment in Eduardo’s packs in the near future.

#18583 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

Loosely related, In Session audio, who used to own/be Nine Volt, is giving away the Beat Aesthetic Taiko Drums. Downloaded and sounded useful on initial listen. Wish these guys would reoffer their loops. Seems they sell mainly guitar loops now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Best Ethnic/World VST?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us