Best Library for Albums?

Home Forums General Questions Best Library for Albums?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    RobFlemingMusic
    Participant

Hi all,

I have accepted that I just do not have it in me to write production music. While, I have had some rather unexpected success over the years with random killer placements, etc., I just can’t get myself to write and record at the volume and pace necessary to give it an honest “go”. Those of you on here that can do this are true pros and it is an admired discipline for sure. That said, many of my placements have come from songs that I wrote as I would write for an EP/LP. Meaning, I wrote them and spent some time on them because it is what I liked and they had no set formula … purely for the purpose of listening. 🙂 So, rather than write and compose music in hopes of being placed in TV/Film, I’ve decided to just write and produce albums. (My first to be next year.) As a bi-product of these EP/LP projects, I would like to license these tracks where I can to maximize my return.

Herein lies the question … Do you guys know of any libraries that might be a good fit for this? i.e. Finish an album and then submit the tracks as is. The genre is Instrumental alternative, sub-pop, cinematic, post-rock, etc. and the tracks can run anywhere between 3-6 minutes. Are there any good libraries that specialize in working with “acts” versus just production music?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Art Munson
    Keymaster

A number of the sites listed on MLR also accept vocal tracks. If you have a subscription you can search for libraries that do. There is a search function, in the library listings, where you can filter for “vocals”.

RobFlemingMusic
    Participant

Thanks Art! I don’t do vocals … all instrumental. It may very well be that the majority of libraries work with anything. Just looking for a few clues is all. For example, it seems like a company like XXXX would be friendly with that model. Are there any libraries that have a bit of a “label” feel to them?

Art Munson
    Keymaster

Sorry Rob, misunderstood. The best place to pose that question is here:

Comments On Best Music Libraries

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Best Library for Albums?’ is closed to new replies.
X

Forgot Password?

Join Us