BMI CAE/IPI #

Home Forums General Questions BMI CAE/IPI #

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Alan
    Participant

I’m ASCAP and my Co-Writer just joined BMI. I am in the process of adding him as a writer with a library. Question, is his 9 digit BMI member number the same as his CAE/IPI #
    Thanks

#19318 Reply
    Paolo
    Participant

Hi Alan,

I’m a writer with BMI. They assign two numbers to writers – an account number and an identification number (CAE/IPI #).

The account number is 6 digits and no one has ever asked for that.

The identification number (BMI refers to it as the identification number rather than the member number) is the 9 digit CAE/IPI number you would use to add your co-writer.

Paul

#19320 Reply
    Kiwi

You can search for him by name from BMI’s repertoire search function which can be accessed at the top right corner of their home page on their website. His CAE/IPI# will be displayed with his name and registered works. You don’t have to be a BMI member to access this.

#19321 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

Thanks for the replies everyone!

#38965 Reply
    ROBERT VINCENT KOURY

Hello, my name is Robert Vincent Koury, I’m a songwriter. If possible will you please inform me of my IPI/CAE number & please e-mail it to me. Thank You

#38966 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

If possible will you please inform me of my IPI/CAE number & please e-mail it to me.

Login to your BMI account for that number.

#41854 Reply
    Marlon Reginaldo Narag

Focus Mission I did not forward pseudonym for get an IPI/CAE can I use my BMI writer account number as IPI/CAE.,assign numbermy own writer

#41855 Reply
    Marlon Reginaldo Narag

Focus Mission BMI writer account number same as to IPI/CAE? can I have own IPI/CAE assign writer thru my own is it 9 to 11 digits assign or 6 for CAE IPI

#41856 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

BMI account number is NOT the same as your IPI/CAE#.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Reply #38965 in BMI CAE/IPI #
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us