BMI Payout

Home Forums General Questions BMI Payout

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    LAwriter
    Participant

Mine was down significantly (maybe 50-60%) over last quarter, but last quarter was double what a good quarter usually pays out for me. (had good foreign, and one mega placement k-pop thing that played 7 times and paid out low 5 figures.). So in that respect, it didn’t seem too bad. About normal, maybe slightly less.

#37299 Reply
    abellboy
    Participant

I was up because last year was a milestone….. My first BMI royalty!!!! Funny how that small amount of money is more exciting than the large amount of money from my day job!

#37302 Reply
    spiker
    Participant

Congrats Abellboy! That is a milestone. It took me two or three years of doing this before I had my small BMI payout. Those years were tough to get through.

#37308 Reply
    abellboy
    Participant

Thanks! My wife wants me to do more RF because I’ve made more on Pond5! :)) Not sure how others feel about the Sync vs RF ratio, but it was cool seeing royalties come in from other countries even if it was just (literally) pennies.

#37309 Reply
    composer
    Participant

Mine was down somewhat. The big difference was the huge decline in new placements, which I assume is COVID-related.

#37310 Reply
    Pat
    Participant

Congrats!! I know exactly how you feel. Super rewarding. my first royalty was actually a $125 check for a sync license from Jingle Punks. I have it in a frame on the wall in my little studio from 2011. You can’t beat that feeling.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
Reply To: Reply #37241 in BMI Payout
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us