BMI Royalties Statement 2014

Home Forums General Questions BMI Royalties Statement 2014

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kubed
    Participant

Anyone received statements for the 3rd Q of 2013 yet?They supposed to be posted to our accounts today.It’s my 1st statement,i had my first placements in August and i don’t know how exactly it works or what to expect.

#15373 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

It’s a little early in the day. Wait 2 or 3 hours.

Good luck.

#15420 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

thanks.

still nothing though,i guess there are delays sometimes.

#15422 Reply
    music_pro
    Participant

Kubed, the statements was already posted on the 21. Maybe you didn’t earn royalties this quarter. It takes about 6 to 9 months after a show been aired to receive royalties for that show,

#15444 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

@music pro : it was my 1st ever placement,8 tracks in America’s Next Top Model,aired in 1st or 2nd of August 2013.Most of the tracks were used in episodes during August-September (3rd quarter).
    I read somewhere that if it’s your 1st statement (i opened my BMI account
    last April) it could take even more than 6-9 months to appear.
    Also,if your royalties do not exceed the amount of $250 in a quarter,they won’t appear in your page until you exceed this amount.Is it true?

Anyway,i’m new to this and i would appreciate if you shed some light to this subject guys!Thanks for responding music pro 😉

#15445 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

it was my 1st ever placement,8 tracks in America’s Next Top Model,aired in 1st or 2nd of August 2013.

PRO payments don’t always show up in the 6-9 months time frame. Sometimes cue sheets are not submitted in time.

#15448 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

@Art Munson: so,if the episode aired in August but the cue sheet was submitted,let’s say,in October,then the royalties will appear in the 4th Q and not in the 3rd Q,right?
    I guess they submitted all the cue sheets after the show was over (i think it ended in November),is it common to do so?

#15472 Reply
    composer
    Participant

This delay is not typical, but it is not unusual. The lag time could even be 2-3 quarters.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: BMI Royalties Statement 2014
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us