BMI royalty adjustment

Home Forums PROs BMI royalty adjustment

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

After bugging BMI for the last few years about payment for a cue on Family Feud, that kept showing up on Tunesat, they finally started paying about a year ago. The next hurdle was getting them to change it to a VI from a BG which they finally did with the notice today.

Only an extra $62 but I’ll take it. Was like pulling teeth though and more painful!

#26269 Reply
    Vlad

Hi Art,

Can you clarify what ‘VI’ and ‘BG’ mean?

Thanks,

Vlad

#26270 Reply
    Paolo

The next hurdle was getting them to change it to a VI from a BG which they finally did with the notice today.

My jaw has hit the floor. This is no easy feat upgrading BG cues.

Art, If your cue wasn’t an on-air visual performance, what rationale did you give them to make the change?

PS: Vlad: BG = background (underscore) VI = visual instrumental (on camera performer)

#26271 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

I have several cues that have been used many time here and there and never seen any royalties. And really no idea where to start investigating. Folks at BMI didn’t really seem eager to help me either. 🙁

#26272 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Art, If your cue wasn’t an on-air visual performance, what rationale did you give them to make the change?

Somehow the library got a clip of the show and someone was doing a little dance to the music.

#26278 Reply
    SabalSounds
    Participant

@ArtMunson Congrats!

And that’s a glimmer of hope that a PRO (when faced with undeniable proof) will eventually (possibly) concede.

#26279 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Actually just checked again and the total adjustment was $124 and some change. Forgot to check my co-writer’s (Robin) account.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Reply #26271 in BMI royalty adjustment
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us