BMI Royalty Dispute

Home Forums PROs BMI Royalty Dispute

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Happy Ears
    Participant

Have any one ever tried disputing their BMI royalty payout?
    Hod did you go out it?
    I’ve seen it done on the ASCAP but not at BMI.

#27554 Reply
    guscave

I had an issue several years ago where there was a clerical error in which I was getting my full writers share for a particular song. I contacted the library that got me the placement and they called their rep at BMI. The whole thing got fixed in about a week.

#27556 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

They can help if you have proof. I had missing payments from a show as picked up on Tunesat. Library didn’t help and BMI didn’t help. I found the show in re-run on Netflix. I took down the timings and sent to BMI and they finally paid, retroactively, for those TV placements.

Fox sports and CMT are the worst as they generally don’t re-run the shows, so hard to verify. I have more missing payments from them than anyone else. Thankfully on this last BMI payment, for 2016Q4, I was paid all Fox Sports detected on Tunesat.

Had same issue with underpaid commercial detections. Once I pointed out Competitrack counts BMI paid in full.

#27558 Reply
    NY Composer
    Participant

I am trying to collect on some NBC 30 second promos.

BMI has no idea about it. They are trying to track Que Sheets. They are also giving me a hard time because they don’t acknowledge Tunesat.

Hmmm, I wonder how often Set Designers, Cameramen and lighting techs don’t get paid for TV shows????

Sucks to be a musician sometimes 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Reply #27558 in BMI Royalty Dispute
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us