BMI Statements

Home Forums PROs BMI Statements

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    OverDub
    Participant

Definitely down for me from the same quarter last year. Getting a little depressing, but still hanging in there. I keep hoping some of my newer cues will kick in, and help out the numbers. I was hoping to make most of my living with TV music when I got to 500 cues. I’m a little over half way there, and there’s no way I could live on double my BMI money!

#21044 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

>On my ASCAP publishing statement today, I made a whopping $0.01 from Apple iRadio. Hey, it’s a start, right?!<

$0.00008 for me on Apple iRadio. Would take 125 times that to get to your penny… 🙂

#21050 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

$0.00008 for me on Apple iRadio. Would take 125 times that to get to your penny… 🙂

So sad it’s funny!

NOW for everyone who complains about AS and it’s “radio” program…
    I have a few cues in rotation there making about 100,000 times that per month.

We’re still only talking a few dollars ($8) but that’s FAR more than iRadio!

#21076 Reply
    mscottweber
    Participant

This was my first time getting a check from BMI! I was not expecting it, since I’ve mostly focused on RF libraries since I started writing production music a few years ago. I never even check my BMI statements. One track got a bunch of plays on Fox Sports Monster Jams, and one track got placed on a TV show in Australia. Those, plus $0.11 from Spotify, put my total in the upper three figures. Much better than the zero dollars I was expecting.

I am curious though, is there a way to find out which libraries the placements came from? Could I request cue sheets?

#20954 Reply
    deadly
    Participant

Hey BMI’ers

Yeah with the Neilsen thing its depressing, my wife’s with BMI and I run
    a lot of stuff through her acct, its down 50% the last 2 statements, time to get a new job. My ASCAP acct is holding steady, my theory is “anything to do with using computers, art, photography etc…. is how low can U go…… ” Streaming is calling the shots, and the internet.
    I actually get my best checks from Europe, last ASCAP Intl I made $1500.
    just from “Denmark”, go figure…. I’ve songs with some biggies, Killer, Universal, Warner Tamerlane….. b*****t $$, Its the people I know, smaller Publishers, where if I make money, they’re the ones…… Also this site is not up to date…… I know 1/2 dozen Publishers where the info is not right…

Soon TV and cable will pay like Spotify…..

Denny

#21095 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Also this site is not up to date…… I know 1/2 dozen Publishers where the info is not right…

@deadley. Instead of complaining why not let me know what info is not up to date so it can be fixed.

#21189 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

My ASCAP acct is holding steady, my theory is “anything to do with using computers, art, photography etc…. is how low can U go…… ” Streaming is calling the shots, and the internet.

From what I’ve been told, ASCAP was already including rating in its formula before BMI. So, you wouldn’t necessarily see a drop there.

When I switched to BMI from ASCAP my royalties for identical works, shows and number of performances increased 4 or 5 times. Even with the 50% drop from BMI, my quarterly income for the identical works, shows and number of performances is still 2 times what it was with ASCAP!

It’s not just cable that will pay like spotify…anything that moves to streaming. HULU paid $.37 for the exact same shows that paid $370 on FOX.

It’s got me going back into law!

#21997 Reply
    deadly
    Participant

Hey out there, How were the BMI statements from last Friday the June 19th, mine was horrible, I’m down 80% from last year at this time……

Denny

#21998 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

Well, except for some very pathetic minor placements before, this was the first real statement for me. About 10 times more than before!! Thanks to some placements on Discovery.

#22002 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

About the same for me this time last year and overall a bit up for the year.

#22004 Reply
    Trackmaster

I didn’t receive anything, but just got my first placement on the FYI show “Marry Me… Today”. It’s a pilot, and aired 3 times from what I can tell. I don’t know how my music was used, but hope it’s a decent payout. Expecting like $10 though haha. At least it counts as a placement.

#22007 Reply
    Ulla
    Participant

I didn’t receive anything either, but I see all these placement through Tunesat. Placements that usually have a proper cue sheet and all. I really don’t understand what happened here. I will wait until the end of the week stalking the mail man and hitting refresh on the BMI page.

#22009 Reply
    OverDub
    Participant

Hi Ulla, BMI doesn’t send a payment unless you hit $250 worth of royalties for the quarter. It will pay out once a year though, I think in January if you never meet the threshold. Also, were the placements you are looking at from the 4th quarter of 2014? That’s the quarter that just paid out. Remember it takes AT LEAST 6-9 months to get paid for a placement.

#22010 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

OverDub… What? I always get paid every quarter by BMI whether it’s $15 or $1500.

#22011 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

Davydad — Are you set up for “direct deposit?” That may be the difference.

I know that ASCAP has a $100 threshold, before it will send out a check. The threshold doesn’t apply if you use direct deposit.

Maybe BMI is the same. I set up one of our BMI accounts, that’s phasing out, to direct deposit, and it has received payments under $250.

NOTE: I’m not a huge fan of direct deposit, because you have to authorize letting your PRO take money back from your account, if they make a mistake and overpay. Given their track record of missed performances, I’d be very hesitant to allow that without further proof, or investigation.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
Reply To: BMI Statements
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us