BMI Statments for 2019 Q1 landed. Good, bad, indifferent?

Home Forums PROs BMI Statments for 2019 Q1 landed. Good, bad, indifferent?

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Kubed
    Participant

Also from National Cable TV Association’ royalties. I just figured out that this is the time of the year when they pay out. Anyone know where this money comes from?

Kevin,here is a link regarding NCTA payments:
    https://www.bmi.com/news/entry/20000725_new_bmi_ncta_agreement_to_yield_significantly_increased_fees

#33282 Reply
    guscave

Had the best QTR ever!! Thanks to Super Bowl and a lot of NBA games.

#33285 Reply
    Kevin Pike

Thanks Kubed!

#33286 Reply
    MM_Musicworks
    Participant

Forgive me if this question has been answered earlier…

How do Non US composers get paid by BMI? Do they mail you a cheque? Or is it via wire transfer? Or some other means?

Thank you!

#33287 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

How do Non US composers get paid by BMI? Do they mail you a cheque? Or is it via wire transfer? Or some other means?

When you register to BMI as a non US composer, you’re set to receive check payments (that’s by default). Send an email to your BMI contact and ask them to get paid via wire transfer from now on.They’ll send you a 1 page pdf document to fill out and send it back to them.
    Personally,i was receiving the checks anywhere from 4-6 weeks after the date they were issued and then my bank needed another 4 weeks to clear them!
    Plus,the bank charged me around $30-$40 to clear every single one check…
    I changed to wire transfer and i’m receiving my payments on time and my bank charges me only $3 for each transaction 🙂
    There might be different charges from bank to bank (or country to country) but i don’t believe they’ll charge you more than the check clearance anyway.
    You can ask your bank for more info on that matter.

#33288 Reply
    MM_Musicworks
    Participant

Thanks Kubed for the detailed answer. I will contact BMI to register for wire transfer.

#33289 Reply
    AllanGiorgio
    Participant

I’m a non US BMI composer and I use the US bank account Payoneer provides. You can set that up as direct deposit. Works great. Payment came the same day as the statement.

#33290 Reply
    MM_Musicworks
    Participant

Hello AllanGiorgio….I am a Payoneer user… I had no idea about this service… I will look into it… Thank you for your kind reply!

#33292 Reply
    Frequencee
    Participant

Had the best quarter ever in 4 years of distributions. No major surprises on any particular placement just increased volume of them which is good. About 20% up over same qtr last year Q12018 and about 18% up overall for BMI earnings in 2019. I noticed my NCTA annual payout was slightly less than it was last year but certainly welcome.

#33366 Reply
    walter boruta

I made $37.00, from foreign overseas royalties. This is my first in the last 2 years. I received $ 0.29 cents in domestic royalties from Q1. I have 10 beautiful live recorded orchestral instrumentals with BMI, since 2014. Two years ago, I received, two quarterly check in the amount of $650.00, then nothing and now 37 bucks.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 20 total)
Reply To: BMI Statments for 2019 Q1 landed. Good, bad, indifferent?
Your information: