BRASS!!

Home Forums General Questions BRASS!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Vlad
    Participant

Hey Folks,

Just looking for a brass library to layer on top of what I already have (Symphobia 1 + 2).

Specifically: fortissimo or aggressive brass that Is more edgy than Symphobia. It has great dynamics, but lacks the all-out-no-hope-for-humanity trailer style dynamic.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Best,

Vlad

#28865 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I thought this was pretty interesting and just watched the video on it. Screaming Trumpet featuring Wayne Bergeron.

#28866 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

Cinebrass Core + Pro offer ff dynamics: https://cinesamples.com/category/brass

#28875 Reply
    Mark_Petrie
    Participant

get libraries like CineBrass for the realism, but if you want power and aggression, double the horns with trombones and put the horns through this bad boy:

OTT
    https://xferrecords.com/freeware/

#28877 Reply
    Alan
    Participant
    #28882 Reply
    Vlad
    Participant

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the suggestions!

#29264 Reply
    jlaity
    Participant

I second Sample Modeling. You have to mix the hell out of it (roll off top and bottom, lots of ER reverb) but it is the best when you get it right. I don’t use Cinebrass anymore, it’s difficult to play timing-wise. Just got Spitfire and it’s OK but very roomy. For orchestral stuff I usually layer SM and SF, like SF horns a2 with two channels of SM horns.

#29267 Reply
    MarkKnight
    Participant

If you want loud….. Metropolis Ark is a full on loud only library, I believe Ark 2 is the softer side of the orchestra.

#29269 Reply
    LAwriter
    Participant

Metropolis Arc

#29271 Reply
    jlaity
    Participant

You should also check out Musical Sampling Trailer Brass.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: BRASS!!
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us