Can anyone tell me what it means to be in "high end" search engines?

Home Forums General Questions Can anyone tell me what it means to be in "high end" search engines?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mojorising
    Participant

I’m talking to a newer company who is interested in signing some songs exclusively. They said they are a premium priced library, all their deals have licensing fees plus back end. Plus when you sign with them your songs automatically get added to high-end search engines such as Findthetune, The Diner, ProTunes, Omnicom’s MusicLink, and Harvest. This company doesn’t have a real proven track record yet that I can see, not much info here on MLR yet about them so I’m assuming they are newer, its really easy to submit songs on their website which always scares me. So trying to weigh the gamble of signing songs away to them EX. I would hate for them to just collect dust. But you can remove the tracks after 3 years.

#26252 Reply
    Paolo

Hey mojorising –

…your songs automatically get added to high-end search engines

Based on what I’ve heard from some PMA folks, these types of search engines are set-up by investor types – not musicians/composers. Sort of like those big search engines for music lessons at your home that have a database of instructors matched with inquiring students.

…high-end search engines

They must mean “high-end placements” If they’re asking for exclusive they better use words like “high-end.”

…trying to weigh the gamble of signing songs away to them EX … But you can remove the tracks after 3 years.

Go with what your gut tell you. If you think there are good possibilities here, go for it. And if you find along the way (before the three year period) that the library isn’t monetizing your tracks sufficiently, you can re-work those tracks into new ones 🙂

#26382 Reply
    Dannyc

i think i know who you’re talking about. i decided to go with them for one track signing might put about 3 in there in total and just see what happens for the next 3 years. i’m only starting out so the more exclusive libraries i can get into the better i guess.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Reply #26252 in Can anyone tell me what it means to be in "high end" search engines?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us