Can I offer the instr. and sung version of a song as excl. to different Librari?

Home Forums Copyright Questions Can I offer the instr. and sung version of a song as excl. to different Librari?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Walden
    Participant

Hi All. I have some sung songs placed as non-exclusive with a library, can I offer these same songs in an instrumental version to an exclusive library, is that legal?

Thanks for your help ¡

#32027 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I have some sung songs placed as non-exclusive with a library, can I offer these same songs in an instrumental version to an exclusive library, is that legal?

Not a great idea!

#32029 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

Absolutely not! And it would be a violation of your exclusive contract so nope, not legal.

#32034 Reply
    Paul Biondi

can I offer these same songs in an instrumental version

I totally understand wanting to get more mileage from those tracks. Have you tried saving each of those song sessions as individual templates with each template retaining the layout, instrument tracks, channel strip settings — and then change the chord progressions, tempo, key etc ?

#32088 Reply
    Walden
    Participant

Thanks Art and Advice for your comments,
    Paul Biondi, I’ve never tried to do such a detailed thing, but it’s good advice and I’ll try. Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Reply #32029 in Can I offer the instr. and sung version of a song as excl. to different Librari?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us