change in search function on this site

Home Forums Commentary change in search function on this site

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    haven42
    Participant

Hi Art,

I have noticed a change and am a little confused. I used to type in the name of a library in the search bar and it would usually have a link for the name of the library/MLR “report” which would lead me to any threads/comments from members here about that library – it now looks different and I cant figure out how to get as much info as possible (not just the report, but related threads) – any help you can offer is greatly appreciated – thanx so much!

#9228 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Yes, I did change the search engine. The old one was from Google and presented a number of problems. Many times logged in subscribers could not access the comments by entering the libraries that way. Also it was harder to find things I knew were on the site. Another problem was it was slowing down the rendering of the pages and making the site slower.

The new engine is very customizable and should eventually return more relevant results. It’s a work in progress.

The best way to get to the libraries is through the link in the upper right under “Access Music Libraries”.

#9229 Reply
    haven42
    Participant

thanx art – actually, I guess I needed more patience with myself – I’m figuring it out

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: change in search function on this site
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us