Changing Trends in Micro/Major Sales

Home Forums General Questions Changing Trends in Micro/Major Sales

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

If it is mediocre and you think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread

“Mediocre” is in the ear of the person/client listening and I don’t think that is a valid way to judge music. One person’s trash can be another person’s treasure.

#38031 Reply
    Pat
    Participant

I agree with Art. No matter what you do, somebody determines it as being whatever their ears and taste tells them. You can’t control subjectivity. I’m also not sure what you meant by having your “properly assessed”. You write it, you assess it based on your own standards and the client assesses it further based on theirs. But again, that’s not new and that’s not really a changing trend in Micro/Major Sales.

#38032 Reply
    RobertJ6401
    Participant

““Mediocre” is in the ear of the person/client listening and I don’t think that is a valid way to judge music. One person’s trash can be another person’s treasure.”
    You have a point. Music is subjective to whoever is listening. I probably should not have gone further than that…lol

#38033 Reply
    RobertJ6401
    Participant

Pat
    I was responding to LA Writer at the top of the page. I thought it was the original post and I didn’t realize there were four previous pages.

#38034 Reply
    Pat
    Participant

Ahh, ok, that makes perfect sense. I was perplexed by your posts as you can tell but that explains it. Thanks for clarifying.

#38086 Reply
    cosmicdolphin2
    Participant

What RobertJ6401 means about “properly assessed ” is he didn’t take kindly to some T**i screener feedback and subsequent peer reviews and felt there were places to obtain more objective reviews.

Subjective as these things are though I think there is a bar to get over if you want people to pay you for your music and if you can’t get get over that bar ( ( i.e. pitch, timing, mixing, arrangement etc.) then it doesn’t matter if you’ve made 10 track or 1000. The market will ultimately decide.

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
Reply To: Reply #37913 in Changing Trends in Micro/Major Sales
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us