Chasing PRO Money, RF Sale and Tunesat Detection

Home Forums Share It! Chasing PRO Money, RF Sale and Tunesat Detection

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    wilx2
    Participant

Thanks Euca. 46 is much better than 22. You wouldn’t happen to know where to view that list, would you?

#18946 Reply
    The Dude

I thought Competitrack was only available to advertising agencies. Just wondering how you have an account, Art?

#18947 Reply
    wilx2
    Participant

Hey Dude, You can apply if you are a publisher. At least a few years ago you could. This gives you access to some information, but there is still more detailed additional information they charge you for.

#18949 Reply
    euca

hey Wilx2, if you go to the main search page for us/canada their is a menu on the left side. Tv stations and TV programs are listed. Click on TV stations and it has a list of all the cable networks and the major networks along with their affiliates.

There are quite a lot in the list. If you click on tv programs you can view actual shows they monitor. It’s broken down alphabetically.

#18950 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I thought Competitrack was only available to advertising agencies. Just wondering how you have an account, Art?

I just went and signed up without a problem. This was a few years ago and I did use a company name.

This gives you access to some information, but there is still more detailed additional information they charge you for.

The detailed reports are expensive. In my case there were 4 commercials and a pdf report was $50 per commercial! That’s why I just took a screen shoot of the summary of each. That was enough for BMI to look further.

#18953 Reply
    wilx2
    Participant

Thanks, Euca.

#18954 Reply
    wilx2
    Participant

By the way, just checked my last ASCAP statement which has one of my “bigger” commercials on it, and added up the number of plays (using excel to sum the “w” column, after sorting by work title, so it adds all the extra plays) and got about exactly the same number Competitrack had. I will spot-check some others, but that is reassuring to see.

#18956 Reply
    The Dude

Hey Dude, You can apply if you are a publisher. At least a few years ago you could. This gives you access to some information, but there is still more detailed additional information they charge you for.

Cool, thanks for the reply.

#18967 Reply
    chuckhughes2
    Participant

I also found a Huggies commercial on TV using a song of mine for a two month period, according to Tunesat. I found the data on Competitrack and filed a report with ASCAP. Supposedly I will be paid in late Dec. and early Jan. for the Huggies commercial. After three years subscribing to Tunesat I was wondering if it would ever make me any money and this is the first instance.

#19030 Reply
    Soph

I’m currently chasing owed commercial royalties and getting no where!

Comcast used my music in three national ads of which i’m yet to get a penny. Tunesat and Ispot TV (useful place to track down ads) report about 8000 Plays.

Tracks were licensed with JP over a year ago. JP are notoriously difficult to get a reply from. I cant file a claim with PRS without the first air date, which i have no idea how to find out.

Any ideas? I know it takes a long time to get paid from USA to the UK but other JP spots come in much quicker.

Soph.

#19048 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

Interesting thread. How exactly does Competitrack work and how does one use it? I signed up a while back but am clueless.

Also, thanks to Tunesat info, I have had a song used on a religious station for many months now, several times a month. Will that generate anything? Thanks.

#19050 Reply
    John

You will get your reward in heaven!!!!

#19051 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Interesting thread. How exactly does Competitrack work and how does one use it? I signed up a while back but am clueless.

You have to know the name of the commercial you are on or at least the company/brand. Once you know that you can search for it.

I have had a song used on a religious station for many months now, several times a month. Will that generate anything?

Don’t really know but I wouldn’t think very much.

#19094 Reply
    MaLmusic
    Participant

Out of curiosity, I checked out the Jingle report form on BMI’s website:

http://www.bmi.com/pdfs/commercial_jingle.pdf

And they ask for a copy of the “sync” contract… If you’re not sure where the track was purchased from, what do you do? And even if you know, do you just ask the RF site to send you a copy of the licence agreement for that particular transaction?

#19095 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

And they ask for a copy of the “sync” contract… If you’re not sure where the track was purchased from, what do you do?

I didn’t include it. I think I just noted it was purchased from a royalty free site.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
Reply To: Reply #19096 in Chasing PRO Money, RF Sale and Tunesat Detection
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us