Christmas season software deals….

Home Forums Software Christmas season software deals….

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Chuck Mott

I’ve seen this post this time of year in Christmases past, but are there any particular good deals that have you gas’ing for software /slash hardware. I’m looking at the 8DIO adagietto bundle. There are generally some great deals on their stuff right now, and they are giving away a free gift with a purchase for the next 25 days. Anything else? Any strong recommendations?

#28944 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

Nothing huh?

#28945 Reply
    Paolo

You know, I just haven’t felt it necessary to get more/new software. For my taste, I’m hearing too many composer cues sounding similar — and although some of that is composing, it’s also from having these sound libraries. I listen to my earlier cues and how I had to make-do with just guitars and a couple of sound libraries. They weren’t as polished as the newer stuff but that was their charm – and they sounded unique.

#28946 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

I won’t be overspending on software. In fact i have a whole list of things I would do differently. I also told myself I wouldn’t be buying any orchestration software until I finished that course on writing for strings and orchestra that has been sitting on my hard drive barely glanced at for 2-3 years now. But some stuff is worth buying, I think. Waves CLA classic compressors, for what they are going for, for example, or their gold package. I find myself using the SSL channel strips all the time. I can’t speak on the Helix or Axe FX, but my ears have become accustomed to hearing a real mic’d amp that I can’t go back to amp sims now. But I could go with IR’s and a good reactive load box. A good preamp, and maybe external compressor. eq, instruments on my list, like a banjo (you can find a decent one for the price of a similar VST), a dobro, a better mandolin , other flavors of guitars. Percussion stuff, like a cajon, maybe some good but inexpensive bongos, etc. Anyway, point is, nothing wrong with reinvesting in pro gear, where you really think it might benefit.

#28947 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

As far s “the same gear everyone else uses” guitar players have been playing Fender guitars through Fender amps for years, Gibson through MArshalls, nothing much has changed there. Goes back to “it’s the artist, not the gear”.

#28960 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

Just putting this out there, 8 dio is giving away their adagietto strings today if you make a $99 purchase.

#28962 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

Hi Chuck, I bought Accusonus Regroover, their $100 version was down to $50 and it was something I wanted to try.

To anybody looking at that software – I promptly returned it for a refund. During the offline registration process a message came up with an error message saying go read a PDF. PDF said I had to enable the Ethernet adapter in order to register. Mine is disabled in the BIOS, and I didn’t see the point. Why force a user to change the way their system is configured based on copy protection? Wasn’t worth the trouble.

I bought a banjo last year at a pawn shop for a great deal. My mandolin is Morgan Monroe, a brand I’m happy with.

#28963 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

There is a Loar mandolin at the local guitar center that I am gassing over, especially considering the price ($300). I own a Gretsch New Yorker I spent $200 on this Loar is much nicer sounding and more playaable. I was also pretty impressed with the recording king banjo I played there, also inexpensive.

Obviously strings and horns I would need to buy sampled, and I also use addictive drums and keys. I prefer to buy real instruments when I can.

#28964 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

This is the banjo I picked up at the pawn shop, pretty much brand new and about 1/2 the price.
    Gold Tone CC-100

It’s nice. I wanted the open back style as I’m interested in claw-hammer style.

#28965 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

https://www.plugin-alliance.com

do some crazy deals daily

#28966 Reply
    Abby

Not sure if this qualifies as software, I believe it does.. I saw this on my LinkedIN, after the discount it would be $70/yr…tempting but I know there is that free software mentioned here, this does seem simple though..

Mike Long
    Chief Music Geek at LicenseQuote
    We have a cool, end of year promotion for you. Use the BF2017 code and get 30% off for one year. Check out https://www.licensequote.com

About LicenseQuote:
    • LicenseQuote makes it easy for you to setup your own music library/catalog and sell sync licenses for your music, while keeping 100% of the revenues.
    • You can place the LicenseQuote store on your own website. LicenseQuote is a white-label solution which you can customize to your liking.
    • LicenseQuote is designed to save you time. There’s no middlemen, no software to install and no strings attached.
    • Each account can support anything from a few songs to tens of thousands of tracks from different artists.
    • Basic LicenseQuote accounts are free and fully functional with a limit of 15 tracks/songs. We encourage you to try it out and we are always here to help.
    • LicenseQuote is the brainchild of an indie musician and we treat composers and songwriters as first class customers.

The small print: This coupon gives you a 30% discount for one full year of any subscription. The coupon expires on December 31, 2017. To be used on the Subscription page in the LQ console. The coupon is only valid for new subscribers.

#28967 Reply
    Abby

Saw this on LinkedIn, a discount for the software Art uses to host his own music licensing (discussed as one of the options), a discount for LicenseQuote. After discount it’s $70/yr I believe..tempting! I might try the free one by Mark Lewis though.

We have a cool, end of year promotion for you. Use the BF2017 code and get 30% off for one year. Check out https://www.licensequote.com

About LicenseQuote:
    • LicenseQuote makes it easy for you to setup your own music library/catalog and sell sync licenses for your music, while keeping 100% of the revenues.
    • You can place the LicenseQuote store on your own website. LicenseQuote is a white-label solution which you can customize to your liking.
    • LicenseQuote is designed to save you time. There’s no middlemen, no software to install and no strings attached.
    • Each account can support anything from a few songs to tens of thousands of tracks from different artists.
    • Basic LicenseQuote accounts are free and fully functional with a limit of 15 tracks/songs. We encourage you to try it out and we are always here to help.
    • LicenseQuote is the brainchild of an indie musician and we treat composers and songwriters as first class customers.

The small print: This coupon gives you a 30% discount for one full year of any subscription. The coupon expires on December 31, 2017. To be used on the Subscription page in the LQ console. The coupon is only valid for new subscribers.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Reply #28962 in Christmas season software deals….
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us