CMT #1 Music and a Movie?

Home Forums General Questions CMT #1 Music and a Movie?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Greg

Any of you have music used on this show? Anyone know if cue sheets get filed for it, or is it one of those loss leaders? 🙂

#16514 Reply
    Musicmatters
    Participant

Just saw a cue sheet this morning 🙂

#16515 Reply
    Vlad
    Participant

One showed up earlier this week

#16516 Reply
    P-9

This show is a problem mainly at ASCAP. Music in this is known as wrap around (as in the music you provide is not in the movie itself). One of the problems is that, in TMS (the system ASCAP BMI and SESAC uses to pay on airings) CMT Music and a Movie doesn’t show up as anything but the movie title itself. If you have cue sheets and don’t receive payment contact whichever PRO you are with and send the sheet in. By the way, just because you see a cue sheet in your member access at ASCAP, that does NOT mean that you will be paid for it. Check your statements when they come in.

#16518 Reply
    Greg

Cool, thanks all. Yea, I’m ascap, so it’s good to have a heads up on this.

Btw, just a thought on tunesat. Tunesat picked up this usage and my song was buried in the mix. So much so that I could barely make it out. But tunesat totally whiffed on a loud and clear usage of another cue on vh1 classic (2014 golden gods awards). Weird man…

#16521 Reply
    gigdude
    Participant

Yep, one of those showed up for me too. Ten seconds of one of my tunes. I think I can buy one drop of gas with that.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: CMT #1 Music and a Movie?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us