Collabs – worth it?

Home Forums General Questions Collabs – worth it?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Nickolas 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Arcana
    Participant

Just wondering if you guys do everything solo, or you find collabs worthwhile?

I’m a keys guy with minimal guitar skills, so I’ve collaborated with a guitarist a couple of times. It’s too early days to say whether it was worth it financially, but in terms of productivity, I certainly didn’t find that it was a case of getting twice as much done in the same time.
    I do like the thought of having more people bringing new ideas to the table though.

Any thoughts on this?

#32762 Reply

BEATSLINGER
    Participant

I do like the thought of having more people bringing new ideas to the table though.

You answered the “Key Element” in Collaboration.
    Yes, Collabs can be Educational, and quite beneficial as well. In addition to being able to cover “more Ground” in terms of getting into Libraries/Catalog. I have also found this to be a successful way to break new composers/writers in Top-Tier Libraries.

#32768 Reply

Michael Nickolas
    Participant

I do collaborate, but one consideration is their understanding of the business and their ability to respond quickly. When I hear of an opportunity or have a contract presented that needs the attention of a co-writer I want to be able to pursue it quickly!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Collabs – worth it?
Your information: