Companies that post Wanted lists for Film/TV/Radio?

Home Forums General Questions Companies that post Wanted lists for Film/TV/Radio?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jokerone
    Participant

I’m wondering if someone can recommend a few companies that post their “Music Wanted” lists.

thanks in advance.

#29071 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

I have been getting a LOT of emails from “Music Xray” and they even offered a free trial membership..

#29072 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

Music Xray is a pay to play service that charges you high fees to submit your music to opps ($5-25 for a single track).But that’s not all;you have to pay another $10 for EACH track to get “diagnostics(??!!!)” before you submit it for the first time.But you’re still not ready to submit your music…there’s another $5 “transcation” fee for EACH track you submit because,obviously,they haven’t charged you enough already.

I’m not sure what the free trial membership includes but i doubt you can submit your tracks to their opportunities for free.
    Be very cautious with these companies.

#29073 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

Brother Kubed, You’re the best! The reason I actually posted this is not because I need it, but I was hoping that someone more knowledge like yourself would shed some light on this. I’m out of the loop when it comes to these types of “pay to play newbies” and I knew someone here would be able to “Bless it, or Hex it”.

I personally don’t want any parts of this type of “ambiguous opportunistic schemes”…

#29080 Reply
    jokerone
    Participant

thanks for the feedback. As a rule I have always followed in life is the money should only flow in one direction. I don’t pay my employers, my employers pay me. Way too much temptation for a company to just milk fees from desperate talent wanting to succeed.

Thanks again for the response.

#29082 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

Happy Holidays! Best wishes for ’18! 🙂

The best “Music Wanted” lists come from the libraries themselves you build relationships with. Some libraries, once you sign with them, will put you on an email list for when they are looking for certain types of tracks.

Also, I suggest trying to get into some of the smaller more “boutique” libraries for which you can OCCASIONALLY email the owner as to what they might be looking for right now.

And finally, when you go to music library sites and see what music they have, don’t think as much about what the DO have a lot of, look for niches that they might need to fill.

Remember, there is no shortage of excellent music out there.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Companies that post Wanted lists for Film/TV/Radio?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us