Competitrack Ad Codes

Home Forums General Questions Competitrack Ad Codes

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Nan Wilson

It is a fallacy that there is insignificant money from performance royalties for music in commercials. My company, Manage Ad Music exists solely to process submissions for advertising performance royalties. As you already know, all US PRO’s require Competitrack codes. But as you have noted, sometimes Competitrack isn’t getting everything. All three PRO’s will at least review alternative submissions of performances. Also, if you are an ASCAP member it’s important to get your music uploaded to their digital detection service, Soundmouse. Soundmouse is used to pick up radio performances, and some local TV. Feel free to contact me at [email protected] if you have detailed questions.

#24908 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

Tunesat has detected my first significant TV promo that I am aware of. I have over 1000 detections on MSG (Madison Square Garden), NHL and NBC Sports in the past month. I’ve read through this thread but I’m still not certain what to do first. Do I create a Competitrack account and request data from them 1st?
    Another dilemma is this is one of my best selling tracks and I have no idea who produced the spot or who licensed them the music. I’ve been searching the web, but no luck yet. It could have been an RF site or it could have come from a blanket license, or I may have a sync fee coming my way.

Any advice would be appreciated.

#24909 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Hey Alan,

Is it a Promo or Ad? If a promo there is a good chance you will not get paid. The music could be part of a blanket license deal and many smaller networks do not submit their promo logs to the PROs.

If a commercial you can create a free Competitrack account and search for the product. They will usually have a copy of the commercial, the stats and the ad code. You can use that info to submit to your Pro. That’s what did on a couple of ads that BMI paid me for.

#24910 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

I think it’s a MSG promo Art, (it’s for a new sports talk show on MSG) but it is also airing on the NHL Network and NBC Sports (Versus). I was hoping that would make it an advertisement.
    I just signed up for competitrack and couldn’t find it via their search engine. I emailed them for help.
    Thanks for chiming in Art. I still have so much to learn.

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: Competitrack Ad Codes
Your information: