Content ID … again

Home Forums Copyright Questions Content ID … again

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    TechNoiZ
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve just pulled a number of tracks off an ex. library through their reversion clause due to poor sales. After uploading them to youtube to check for copyright claims I’ve found that a number have been flagged by Content ID as the library are using a third party to enter them. Any idea who I approach to rectify this as the copyright has legally now reverted to me. What is a library’s position if they have entered tracks into content ID but now relinquished the copyright back to the composer.

#33801 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Any idea who I approach to rectify this as the copyright has legally now reverted to me.

Try contacting AdRev and see if the library used them to place in Content ID. I got mine removed immediately as they had originally been placed by multiple libraries.

#33802 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

It never stops. I just got another email from a company yesterday telling me my music is in CID even though I told them it wasn’t. And my music shouldn’t be. I’ve not entered it, nor have I given any library permission to. At this point, I’m convinced most of my older catalog, tracks that have been out there for some time now is in CID. Anyway TechNoiZ, good luck with it. AdRev has helped me out in the past also.

#33804 Reply
    TechNoiZ
    Participant

Thanks for the replies.
    It looks like the library used someone called Exploration Group LLC_Sound Recordings. I’ve put a dispute in for one track to see how they respond given that I have the contract which clearly outlines what the library were entitled to do, when the reversion clause kicks in addition to the accounts issued by the library documenting the (lack-of-enough) sales over the years. I’ll see how that one goes for now as I guess they are less likely to ignore it coming through YT.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Content ID … again
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us