Contract Help Newbie

Home Forums Contracts Contract Help Newbie

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Vasim
    Participant

I just got my first pro set up today. My publisher said they register the tracks. Does this mean I don’t have to add anything ?Tracks etc? to my pro account.

Thanks In Advance

#32882 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

I just got my first pro set up today. My publisher said they register the tracks. Does this mean I don’t have to add anything ?Tracks etc? to my pro account.

I used to think, “WOW, that’s so nice of them”. Now I know the truth.They are doing the “registration” of the songs/cues, but it really covers them. They do this to make sure that they are in control of the copyright, and making sure they lock these tracks into perpetuity.

Yes, they are going to take care of all of the registering. So, there is nothing you will need to do.

#32885 Reply
    Vasim
    Participant

Nice one for the info.

How many libraries would composers on here recommend to be on?
    I’ve seen a few people online who say 2 or 3 at the most?

#32886 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

How many libraries would composers on here recommend to be on?
    I’ve seen a few people online who say 2 or 3 at the most?

Really depends on your output of music “Annually”, and how much music normally is required from those Libraries/Catalogs you’re in.

I stopped taking on more Libraries at around 20 Exclusives.

I would EASILY make room for “Extreme Music” though!!

**Foot Note**
    You will be able to gauge how many Libraries to be in by how much action/placements your music is getting. Just because it is an Exclusive doesn’t mean it is “a popular library, or even popular for your music, or style of music”. Some you will feed once, twice, and some you will “Replenish Frequently”.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
Reply To: Reply #32850 in Contract Help Newbie
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us