Copyright Fiasco at YouTube

Home Forums Copyright Questions Copyright Fiasco at YouTube

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

I will probably keep my music out of traditional libraries and start to monetize my own works. That makes more sense to me.

#14140 Reply
    Supercomposer

Just take control of your Youtube on your own at AdRev . I think enforce Youtube for all the big libraries and can get your stuff out of TuneCore / IND Music. Just upload to them and they will take care of it . Did it for me when IND was trying to hold me hostage when they did not have rights, took them 3 days and about 5 emails and I was free and in control of my stuff. IND is dirty and Audiam is TuneCore. don’t let those pirates take your stuff.

#14141 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

Bump

#14150 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

Just take control of your Youtube on your own at AdRev

Just be aware that doing this will get you dropped from, or barred from joining, a number of libraries.

#14151 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

Just be aware that doing this will get you dropped from, or barred from joining, a number of libraries.

That is rather unfortunate. But it is a risk worth taking for some.

#14187 Reply
    Nick D.

I wanted to let everyone know this:
    If you submit your library to YouTube’s ContentID any of your paying customers who licence from the publisher/composer to use it in a YouTube video will get unnecessarily flagged for copyright infringement. It happen to me. I had to dispute it, letting them know I licences the track, sent a link to the tracks page on the stock media licencor’s site, and a screen shot of my receipt. What’s worse is that I have to do this every time I upload a new video with the track.

The other thing that seems fishy is the ContentID names the track by one title while stock media licencor gives it another name. I have listened closely and they are the same track.

There is no mechanism in place to let ContentID know that a customer has rightfully licensed it. The YouTube user is guilty until proven innocent. This means that the video could be blocked, have a pre roll add, a lower-thrid ad, or and ad to the right of the video on the play page.

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
Reply To: Reply #14141 in Copyright Fiasco at YouTube
Your information: