Copyright- Supplementary Registration

Home Forums Copyright Questions Copyright- Supplementary Registration

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Candela

Hello again,

The main artist already Registered our work with the Copyright office, but did not include me as an Author.

Although I was not the original Copyright Registrar of the works, Can I submit a SUPPLEMENTARY REGISTRATION to attach myself to the Original Registration?

Thanks

#34737 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Bump

#35002 Reply
    pluginwasturnedoff
    Participant

On most cases you need authorization from the person that registered it. Did you ask them directly?

#35011 Reply
    Candela

No!

Artist just decided to register the works, with only him on it, and claim all the rights, not cool!

Also, he claimed all the rights with BMI?

No paperwork was ever done, whereby I assigned my rights to the music production.

Ive read thru the copyright SUPPLEMENTARY REGISTRATIONS laws, and didnt see anything about needing approval from the main registrar, if its there am hoping I didnt miss it, cause regardless, I submitted it and wanna see if it gets approved.

All the CD artwork properly credits me as the producer, yet the Artist is claiming all rights in the music

Hoping somebody has experience, and a solid answer for the matter.

#35012 Reply
    Candela

What I understand is:

Any Author; or Claimant who is missing, from the Original registration, may file a Supplementary Registration, to add anybody that was missing.

Nonetheless, Id still like some input, from somebody more informed

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Copyright- Supplementary Registration
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us