Copyright Violation, AdRev, YouTube Content ID

Home Forums Copyright Questions Copyright Violation, AdRev, YouTube Content ID

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 191 total)
  • Author
    soundroad
    Participant

One guy made a song out of my instrumental track, which is represented in many non-exclusive libraries. He has published this song (as his own) with Indmusic. My buyers started receiving claims to their videos on YouTube. After a long correspondence with Indmusic, they removed the song.

Yesterday I received a comment from the buyer of my track, YouTube has blocked his videos. the complainant the same guy, but now sound recording administered by: The Orchard Music. And this time, Google has found about 300 (!) Video.

I think that I can contact Orchard Music and they will remove his song. But what prevents this guy to sign a contract with another reseller?.
    I’m wondering if anyone got into a similar situation? Can someone advise what to do?
    Thanks,
    Evgeny

#19998 Reply
    Vlad
    Participant

Evgeny,

That situation does suck. I am assuming this fellow purchased your track as RF, then did this? If so, I would approach him first and make sure he knows that this is a violation of copyright. He might not know that it wasn’t within his rights. Yes, these people exist. If your contact with him leads nowhere, contact the publisher(s).

And this is not legal advice, nor have I ever played a lawyer on TV.

#19999 Reply
    soundroad
    Participant

Hi Vlad,
    thanks for your entry!

To be honest I don’t know where he got my track. I think Indmusic has informed him about copyright violence when they removed his song from catalog.
    In addition, in the hundreds of video (which I mentioned above) used an instrumental version of the track (without singing).
    In addition, in the hundreds of video (which I mentioned above) used an instrumental version of the track (without singing). Which means it is 100% my original music without any changes!
    Here is the link:
    https://www.google.co.th/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=Jaraday+Miracle&tbm=vid

#20003 Reply
    Dave

This is why we all have to put our music into ADREV’s system or a similar service. NO I do not work for ADREV. I was actually against their scheme but have recently changed my mind because of the example your giving above. The violation of copyrights and unlicensed use of all of our works is out of control. ADREV can police that, and monetize with ads videos that do not have a proper proof of license.

#20005 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

I am not going to worry about ADREV or similar schemes. I am keeping my music out of sites that participate in ADREV. A lot of libraries participating in this system either do not understand it or are purposely adding music without permission. In either case, the small money earned isn’t worth the hassle.

#20007 Reply
    Dave

Desire Inspires, you are very mis-informed about ADREV. There are people making $2,000 to $5000 a month from ADREV (YOUTUBE Content ID “ad revenue royalties). Yes, we are talking about royalties, i.e. youtube royalties. If a YT video out there is using one of your tracks without a proper proof of license, the uploader has two choices: 1. Take it down or 2. An ad is going on it if no action is taken and the royalties go to the writer of the track.

Some of these views go into the millions and then the owner of the track gets compensated with “advertising revenue”.

Not only that, guess what else happens? You get to see wtf is hapening with your music on YOUTUBE and that is a good thing. I can see every video that is using my tracks.

#20008 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

Dave, are you making $2,000 to $5,000 a month from ADREV?

#20010 Reply
    Dave

I will find out soon enough. Just getting started. However, I still want to know what is happening with my music in the world of YOUTUBE.

#20011 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

I think the people making $2,000 or more per month from ADREV are creating videos and adding their own music. There are some people that post videos on YouTube and make thousands of dollars every month from having people view the ads on their videos.

So the money isn’t coming from the music. It is coming from having music on videos that get a ton of views. Videos with music that only get a fee hundred views will not any significant money.

So the best goal for someone looking to cash in from ADREV is to add one’s music to videos that get a lot of views. Instead of making my own videos, I could just beg someone already famous on YouTube to use some of my music in their videos and wait for the money to roll in. Just give the music away for free and make all the money from the YouTube royalties. That might be worth a shot.

Interesting……

#20012 Reply
    Mark_Petrie
    Participant

I could just beg someone already famous on YouTube to use some of my music in their videos and wait for the money to roll in.

A successful YouTuber is going to want to monetize the video, so you wouldn’t get any AdRev money.

#20013 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

A successful YouTuber is going to want to monetize the video, so you wouldn’t get any AdRev money.

So I would need to monetize my own popular videos?

#20014 Reply
    soundroad
    Participant

I wonder if someone knows how much The Orchard pays to musicians for YT placements? Are they selling license or just monetize as ADrev and similar service?

#20015 Reply
    mark

Signing up with Adrev would not resolve the issue that soundraod has been having. Since Adrev cannot remove another company’s claim, like the Orchard Music claim, then you would simply have two claims on the videos of the customer’s that you have sold a license to.

#20016 Reply
    mark

Soundroad, to keep this guy from stealing your music you should contact him directly as mentioned above. Find out his phone number and keep calling him until he stops.
    I have to do this all the time for our composers.

#20017 Reply
    soundroad
    Participant

Hi Mark, thanks for your advice. I don’t know how to find his phone number but I found his YT channel and will try to write him a letter. Even if I’m sure that he knows what he does.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 191 total)
Reply To: Reply #20059 in Copyright Violation, AdRev, YouTube Content ID
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us