Copyright Violation, AdRev, YouTube Content ID

Home Forums Copyright Questions Copyright Violation, AdRev, YouTube Content ID

Viewing 10 posts - 171 through 180 (of 191 total)
  • Author
    mdeman
    Participant

Hi There,

I just discovered some of my tracks ( written for an exlusive publisher) have been copied and put on Audiojungle by someone called lollyproductions. He has 71 tracks up. My publisher is looking into this, but it might be good for other composers to check for theft as well.

#26968 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

How did you discover this?

#26969 Reply
    mdeman
    Participant

I got a call from my publisher, they discovered it. I checked most of his (lollyproductions) tracks and found at least 4 of them are mine.

#26970 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

I can’t find him. Maybe account was deleted?

#26971 Reply
    mdeman
    Participant

Still there unfortunately. It’s lollyproduction. Not lollyproductions ( I made a typo earlier)

#28585 Reply
    ComposerLDG
    Participant

So what happens when a non-exclusive track is in multiple non-exclusive libraries (RF or not), if all of those libraries are entering the track into AdRev? Doesn’t that lead to a multitude of problems?

#28586 Reply
    NY Composer
    Participant

I know that in the RF world alone some of the best are making around $30,000 per month just from RF licenses. They probably make much more on the side from other projects using their talents.

Wow! That’s good to know. Seems a little staggering to me but then again, I don’t have over 1000 tracks floating around the RF markets.

#28591 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

So what happens when a non-exclusive track is in multiple non-exclusive libraries (RF or not), if all of those libraries are entering the track into AdRev?

My understanding is only the copyright owner can enter tracks into Content ID/AdRev, or assign an exclusive (single) representative to do so.

#28596 Reply
    ComposerLDG
    Participant

My understanding is only the copyright owner can enter tracks into Content ID/AdRev, or assign an exclusive (single) representative to do so.

Ah ok, that makes sense. Thank you!

#28656 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

I had a similar problem. I created a YouTube video with my track for audio. It was just a word doc that said:
    “Song Title”
    by Me
    Copyright 2014
    I own all right to this music, it should never trigger a YouTube copyright infringement claim

“Claimant Name” does not own any rights to this music.

I uploaded it and it was immediately blocked. I disputed it and never had trouble with it again. I also sent a link to the video to anyone who had trouble with it. It made for easy resolution.

Viewing 10 posts - 171 through 180 (of 191 total)
Reply To: Reply #20010 in Copyright Violation, AdRev, YouTube Content ID
Your information: