Critique/feedback/advice

Home Forums Critiques Critique/feedback/advice

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tyler Melashenko

Greetings. I am newer to the licensing game, I have been doing the song a day thing for a little while and would love to start submitting some tracks places. I would love to get some feedback about where my tracks are at and ways to improve if need be.

Here is a recent song I posted, most of what I have is somewhat in this genre. It would be nice to have a clearer idea of what genre this is, I’ve been compared some to Nine Inch Nails.

#31721 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

Well, it certainly isn’t stock production music. 🙂 Concentrate on libraries that place their primary focus more on indie artists than jack of all trades composers. And as an artist, you’ll want to pay attention to how you’d be allowed to use your music should you enter an exclusive deal. Can you place it with streaming services, sell at gigs or etc.

#31722 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

Greetings.

Yeah Brother, this is not Production/Library Music.

I would think about talking with some Music Supervisors, and getting it into a Indie Film/Film Noir

#31723 Reply
    Tyler Melashenko

I see what your saying, I think that was more the path I was wanting to go down, I wasn’t realizing there was distinction. Getting it placed in something is a lot more the path i would like to go down, are there any sites similar to this place that deal more with song placement than stock production. I really appreciate both of your comments. Thanks 🙂

#31724 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

are there any sites similar to this place that deal more with song placement than stock production. I really appreciate both of your comments. Thanks

Actually, You’re in a good spot to find out info. I have been doing a lot of Movie, and Brand Placement. I did the majority of my research here. Like for instance, finding out that Riptide does a lot more Song Placement & Branding; but just happens to also do some Production Music business. Makes it easier on figuring out how to approach specific Entertainment Companies, Libraries, and Song Pluggers/Placement Services.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Reply #31722 in Critique/feedback/advice
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us