Cue naming advice asked

Home Forums General Questions Cue naming advice asked

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Glenn
    Participant

Hello all,

I would appreciate it if you could look at my names for this cue. Do you have any advice or tips on what I could do better and change? I guess I wonder the moest If I named the edits right?

Naming

Thanks a lot!
    Glenn

#30589 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

The edits naming isn’t an issue. But I think the main track name could be better. What you have for the name is more the keywords. Instead, I would come up with a title that represents those things but isn’t just a rehash of the keywords… e.g. “From The Dark Shadows”… Not so much a literal suggestion, though it could be, as the concept. Making the title interesting can help.

#30590 Reply
    Glenn
    Participant

The edits naming isn’t an issue. But I think the main track name could be better. What you have for the name is more the keywords. Instead, I would come up with a title that represents those things but isn’t just a rehash of the keywords… e.g. “From The Dark Shadows”… Not so much a literal suggestion, though it could be, as the concept. Making the title interesting can help.

When I look at top sellers they seem to use keywords almost only. So I get pulled that way because of that.

But you right and I would love to give it a ‘normal’ title. Would it be good to give it a normal title with some keywords after that? Or is your suggestion just a title that represent the keywords as you mentioned?

Thanks Advice!

#30591 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Would it be good to give it a normal title with some keywords after that?

That’s what I try to do. As an example ‘Fight Club (Aggressive – Orchestral)”

#30593 Reply
    Glenn
    Participant

That’s what I try to do. As an example ‘Fight Club (Aggressive – Orchestral)

Great! That is good in both ways. A good descriptive title and some helpful keywords.

Thanks!
    Glenn

#30608 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

Glad that Art chimed in and corrected me (in a way) showing how keywords could be part of the title. Personally, I haven’t done that as I’ve always relied on tagging to all that. But I see a great “best of both words” approach was suggested!

#30615 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Please keep this thread (and all threads) on topic. It is NOT about Pond5. If you have comments about Pond5 leave them there. All Pond5 references have been deleted.

#30616 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

Art, do you register your cue(s) with your PRO as “Fight Club” or “Fight Club Aggressive Orchestral”?

#30617 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Art, do you register your cue(s) with your PRO as “Fight Club” or “Fight Club Aggressive Orchestral”?

A great question and not sure of what the answer should be. I have been just registering without the keywords so it would just be “Fight Club” The again I could be adding “Fight Club Aggressive Orchestral” as an alternate title.

#30620 Reply
    cyberk91
    Participant

ooops sorry Art missed that….. jumped in the middle of the thread…I’ll backtrack next time ..

#30629 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

A great question and not sure of what the answer should be. I have been just registering without the keywords so it would just be “Fight Club” The again I could be adding “Fight Club Aggressive Orchestral” as an alternate title.

I would think just as “Fight Club”. With the keywords being in parentheses, it makes it look like that is the proper title.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Reply #30593 in Cue naming advice asked
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us