Cue sheet for video crrators

Home Forums Cue Sheet Problems Cue sheet for video crrators

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    maxquaini
    Participant

Hello everyone,
    Apologize if the question might seems stupid, I usually work with libraries and never had the chance to deal directly with potential customers.

Here’s the question:

I’ll provide a couple of songs to a video creator, his videos will be mostly sold on vimeo channel and potentially other platforms.
    I am well aware that this will give back irrelevant royalties, but it’s not a matter of money, instead I’d like to know from you and your experiences, the right way (if there’s any) to proceed to make sure getting my writer’s rights.

Basically I’d like to take the chance to educate myself through this experience, consider that he’s a good friend of mine so he will not be disappointed at all to let things getting properly done and help.

Thank you so much in advance to all of you.

#35240 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

the right way (if there’s any) to proceed to make sure getting my writer’s rights.

Copyright the music and register with your PRO.

#35243 Reply
    maxquaini
    Participant

Thank you Art for your reply, of course first thing I’ve always done.
    Tought in this case some extra work would have been necessary.

#35245 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Tought in this case some extra work would have been necessary.

I guess it would depend if your PRO is paying on video streams that the video might be playing. I know I’ve been getting backend from YouTube but very minuscule.

#35246 Reply
    maxquaini
    Participant

It makes sense, I’ll investigate with my PRO.
    So, potentially royalties are generated (recognized and paid) even without any particular paper work, automatically?
    Sounds too good to be true, this is why I was wondering if some extra work is required in order to let it happen.
    I know it’s gonna be an irrelevant amount of cents, I’m just concerned about doing all I need to do and work correctly in order to get potentially paid.
    Thank you again Art.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Reply #35245 in Cue sheet for video crrators
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us