Cue sheet issue: web & cable

Home Forums Cue Sheet Problems Cue sheet issue: web & cable

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Frequencee

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to share a recent experience I had tracking down payment through BMI for a US Cable performance that originally aired back in Oct 2015. The placement was for the show Black Ink Crew on VH1. approx. :30, BI.

I received about a dozen or so Tunesat detections so I was anticipating the payout in this past June’s distribution. What was strange is that although I was not paid for the US cable performances I was paid for Internet audiovisual for streams on Amazon VOD.

At that point I figured a cue sheet must have been filed or else I wouldn’t of seen anything on that statement. I contacted my publisher who put me in touch with a rep from the BMI LA office back in July. When the payment didn’t show up in September’s statement I followed back up.

Come to find out upon further inspection, it appeared the cue sheet was listed as the “web version” which is why I only saw performance royalties for Amazon. The rep reached out to their Cue Sheets department and asked them to link the cue sheet to the “cable version” in order to link the original VH1 performances. Royalties for these performances should appear in the upcoming January distribution.I know we’re probably talking dollars but every bit counts right?! Thought I’d share in case anyone encounters a similar scenario.

Cheers!

#29795 Reply
    UpFromTheSkies
    Participant

I too just had a placement on “Black Inc Crew”…been picking it up on my Tunesat. It’s a non/ex cue, and I currently have no idea which publisher may have licensed it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Reply #29795 in Cue sheet issue: web & cable
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us