Cue Sheet Success Stories

Home Forums Commentary Cue Sheet Success Stories

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    daveydad
    Participant

I’ve had some cues used on Discovery Network that BMI paid me for but the detections never appeared in Tunesat. Any idea why?

#22121 Reply
    yzzman1
    Participant

That’s awesome Art! I’m really glad to see this popular internet show is amounting to at least something for composers now that the performance data finally is coming in.

#22122 Reply
    yzzman1
    Participant

Daveydad- like many have mentioned, TuneSat misses some but gets a large majority of them.

#22124 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

I’m jumping in late here and haven’t read everything yet, but here are 2 cue sheet stories,
    #1 – An exclusive track with SK gets placed in the show it was intended for, 32 seconds. The cue sheet says it was 9 seconds. I contact PRO and they say go to the library. I contact the library and they assure me they will get it fixed. After 6 months with no fix I contact library again. They say oops, we’ll get it fixed.” Show gets cancelled, I give up.

#2 – A non-ex with JP is licensed for a CMT special (non-series) theme. I even get a decent sync fee. 13 months go by with no cue sheet. I contacted library. They replied the same day with info I needed. Cue sheet appeared a week later. Now waiting on the $$. Tunesat has found about 10 airings so far.

#22130 Reply
    yzzman1

Cool Alan – glad you were able to get the one cue sheet submitted without too much of a hassle!

#26325 Reply
    Les Scott

Although the comment about stopwatches and cue sheets was posted quite awhile ago, I did want to offer, its 12/11/16….and I still keep a stopwatch very close to my DVR.

Through the past many years, I’ve caught significant errors in timing and have been able to retrieve the earnings we had been underpaid for.

For my writers, I will most certainly continue to monitor the timing of uses via a stopwatch.

#26333 Reply
    NY Composer
    Participant

IMO Tunesat picks up about 50-70 percent of placements.

#27048 Reply
    UpFromTheSkies
    Participant

Success! I have some material on the Nat Geo show “Brain Games.” Tunesat picked up one of my surf rock cues being played on the show – about a year ago. I never got a cue sheet for this. After filing a complaint with ASCAP, they got back to me, and I put them in touch with a contact at the library which placed it. Lo and behold, the next day the updated cue sheet showed up in my ASCAP account. Thank you Tunesat!

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
Reply To: Reply #22122 in Cue Sheet Success Stories
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us