Cue Sheets were filed incorrectly, what should I do?

Home Forums Cue Sheet Problems Cue Sheets were filed incorrectly, what should I do?

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 7 months ago by Michèle Vice-Maslin.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    RM90
    Participant

I had 2 good placements on CBS almost 2 years ago and haven’t seen the cue sheets or gotten paid from ASCAP. I reached out to ASCAP to inquire about it. They told me that the cue sheets were filed but didn’t include my track on them. Who can I reach out to that might be able to fix this? The library that placed the music didn’t seem to even know about the placement. The segments of those episodes are on YouTube and I also have Tunesat proof (though they probably won’t care). I can’t exactly reach out to the network can I? I know some stuff gets lost in the shuffle but considering the placements and network I expect it do be decent money.

#39928 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Have you tried sending them the link to YouTube to verify? They already know the same episode aired on CBS.

#39942 Reply
    RM90
    Participant

I tried that with ASCAP, and they sent me the same generic message that they sent before.

#40024 Reply
    Michèle Vice-Maslin

So sorry that happened but it does happen for sure. You can contact the music supervisor on the show, the production company, the library or sync agent you got the placement though. ASCAP is there to pay you but not to investigate the uses and cue sheet errors. Hopefully this is helpful. If the syncs came through libraries then they will for sure want to help you because if you are not getting paid then they too are not getting paid on the publishing side.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Cue Sheets were filed incorrectly, what should I do?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us