Custom artwork to promote your music?

Home Forums General Questions Custom artwork to promote your music?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    xeon92
    Participant

I wish to promote some of my tracks via social media (i.e. YouTube, Soundcloud) using custom artwork or animation. Hence I was wondering how people here normally acquire custom artwork to promote their music and what prices (if any) do they normally pay for it?

#19200 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

If you are with Audiosparx I think they charge $40. You could always use it elsewhere.

#19220 Reply
    Mc_GTR
    Participant

I use my own pics taken from my own mobilephone, and manipulate them online at pixelR.com. Cost = 0.

#19221 Reply
    Danny
    Participant

I was wondering about this too. I’ve seen some composers use really nice images for each of their tracks when posting them to Soundcloud, YouTube, or other social media. I know some composers who have commissioned these types of artwork, but I imagine there are lots out there that just take images off the web without permission.

Are stock image sites a good option for this?

#19222 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

I would suggest buying stock images and video from the royalty-free companies.

By using products from these companies, you get to help out another artist. I have purchased photos and videos from a few royalty-free sites and I have always been pleased with the quality and the price.

It is a win/win situation to me. I get to promote my own product and also help out another creative indivdual by making a legitimate purchase.

#19223 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I have used http://us.fotolia.com/.

#19224 Reply
    Danny
    Participant

By using products from these companies, you get to help out another artist.

This is what I like most about this idea.

#19229 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

It’s nothing real fancy but I use stock art from one of the sites that allows me to sell my music. Unless I had a real clear custom art logo in mind I wouldn’t do it any other way.

#19230 Reply
    Gael MacGregor

I hired someone to do the artwork for my single, “Unwrap Me, Baby” and was very pleased at the results. 🙂

He’s a wonderful artist, and has a specialty of big girl pinups.

#19231 Reply
    Mark

I use Dreamstime for all the artwork and stock images we use for our music products.
    http://www.dreamstime.com/

#19238 Reply
    Steve Ballard

I have used artwork from Deviant Art. There are thousands of artists. Some brilliant artists post their work on the site. Up and comers and established artists. A lot of the artists use the creative commons license and also do commission work.

#19279 Reply
    Danny
    Participant

I have used artwork from Deviant Art. There are thousands of artists. Some brilliant artists post their work on the site. Up and comers and established artists. A lot of the artists use the creative commons license and also do commission work.

I have been checking out artwork on Deviant Art, and there is some really great original artwork on there! This seems perfect. How do you go about checking if an artwork is covered by Creative Commons or available for licensing otherwise?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Custom artwork to promote your music?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us