Datestamps on comments

Home Forums General Questions Datestamps on comments

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    SubRivers
    Participant

Is it just me or are comments on this site no longer date stamped.
    Always found it useful when browsing Library comments to see how current the activity was for them – now it’s impossible to tell if the last comment was yesterday or several years ago

#39797 Reply
    RM90
    Participant

I’m not seeing the date stamps either.

#39798 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

Yeah, no date stamps for me either. I agree about the library comments, it was very useful to have date stamps there.

#39799 Reply
    MM_Musicworks
    Participant

Same here

#39800 Reply
    HelsinkiFades
    Participant

Same here. Timestamps are actually very useful. Art, is there any remedy to this?

#39801 Reply
    yzzman1
    Participant

My thought on this is that Art understandably has been giving thought to some recent, newer members who joined MLR on a trial basis and complained that certain libraries had outdated comments and that it made the site less valuable for them to continue on as longer term members.

Personally, I agreed wholeheartedly with Art’s explanation to them and that there is a wealth of knowledge to gain here combining both recent AND historical contributions to the site. There are some however, that I suppose who are new to this business and looking for “quick” answers…. and we all know here that nothing is “quick” about this business.

With that said – I more than understand Art’s predicament here and support his decision either way. I preferred the dates as well but as I’ve understood before – “Art’s sandbox – Art’s rules!” More than happy to continue to support this sandbox of past, present and future knowledge in this ever changing, fluid and volatile business.

#39802 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Thanks everyone for your comments and yzzman1 stated my position exactly. There is a lot of great information on MLR that may be older but is still relevant. Human nature, being what it is, has a tendency to discount anything that appears older in their eyes.

That being said, I have thought about it and the one area I might bring back the dates would be on the libraries. Sometimes they can get stale. I doubt I would bring them back on the forums though.

Once again, thanks for the comments and keep them coming.

#39804 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

I don’t mind not having date stamps on the forums, all info there makes a good read and is helpful regardless if it’s old or new.
    The libraries area though is a different story: many of the comments about a library’s ownership, sub-publishers, deal points, overall activity etc could be confusing if we don’t have date stamps.
    I don’t know, maybe it’s just a habit, but i always check the date stamps on a library’s comments.

#39807 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Okay guys, you spoke, I listened. Dates are back on library comments!

#39808 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

One other thing. I just got rid of the nested comments. It can get confusing as sometimes people will respond to the wrong comment. Let me know what you think. I’m also thinking of getting rid of the “paging” of comments. That might be more of a problem as some libraries have over a thousand comments.

#39809 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Another quick way to find the latest comments.

https://musiclibraryreport.com/more-library-comments/. The link is also on the left hand margin of every page.

#39811 Reply
    boinkeee2000
    Participant

its good bringing back dates art, I would’ve been lost and demotivated with research back when i joined without it.

#39814 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

Thanks Art!

#39816 Reply
    HelsinkiFades
    Participant

Thanks Art for your quick response!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: Reply #39808 in Datestamps on comments
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us