Demo plan

Home Forums General Questions Demo plan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    AshleyHewitt
    Participant

Hi,

I’m a bit stuck here. I’ve been out of the library game a few years and I’m just getting back into it.

I’ve written a high-quality few demo tracks and demoed them to a major exclusive (who clearly state that they’re looking for composers). I write youthful, bassy, electronic music which seems to do very well in this library (not so much in others). I submitted these a couple of months ago, and according to my analytics they’re yet to be listened to.

I contacted the library over social media, who told me they tend to have a 4 week lead time on submissions. I also called them, who said they’d have a look and get back to me. That didn’t happen (although working in a busy office myself I totally understand why).

I kinda figure my options are:

1) Send the library some chocolates or something to try to get them to listen.
    2) Submit different tracks to some libraries that are lower down on the list (I’m reluctant to do that as I really want a relationship with this one).
    3) Submit another demo, with different tracks under a different e-mail address, roll both demos together if I get a response and they’re interested.
    4) Do nothing.

What do you think, MLR?

Thanks

#27014 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

If you’re actually getting responses to your inquiries via social media, phone, email or where ever, I say stay with it until you get a definitive yes or no. If emails and phone calls go unanswered and you never get responses to your inquiries I say move on.

#27016 Reply
    Tbone
    Participant

Others will hopefully post too, but I would say that things are much, much harder than they were, even a few years ago. It seems like there is an enormous quantity of music and a huge number of good composers. I have tracks with a few of the top libraries but as of the last year or two, they won’t even talk to me anymore!

#27033 Reply
    Paolo

I’m a bit stuck here … I also called them, who said they’d have a look and get back to me…that didn’t happen (although working in a busy office myself I totally understand why).

Totally agree with how busy these folks are. How many times have you followed-up with a phone call so far? Nobody’s complained (so far) that I’m too pushy and I follow-up with phone calls to gently push for a decision.

So I would vote for option #5 – If you haven’t, followup with phone calls. They’re so busy they don’t remember the last time we called and pestered – er..inquired 🙂

#27044 Reply
    AshleyHewitt
    Participant

Thanks Paolo – as long as it’s expected and normal to follow up with phone calls I’m happy to do that!

#5 it is. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Demo plan
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us