Developing My Process – Feedback Appreciated

Home Forums Critiques Developing My Process – Feedback Appreciated

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Keith
    Participant

I’m just starting out, and I’ve posted a few tracks in different genres.

https://soundcloud.com/user-267194508/sets/library

The first track has a bossa vibe, the second one is a smooth mid-tempo theme, and the third is a Christmas track.

I would appreciate any feedback on any aspect of my tracks, composition/mix/editing/mastering.

Thanks.

-Keith

#30743 Reply
    cozyhand3
    Participant

Hi Keith,
    I’m more of a song guy (not composer). FWIW, Walking With A Strut stands out the most for me.
    Good luck!

Jesse

#30746 Reply
    Keith
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback Jesse.

#30770 Reply
    conorob25
    Participant

Hi Keith,

Think the first two are great – you have a real unique sound in there. If your goal is library – and background music – on the whole I would say make things less busy, tighten up the timing in places.

Best of luck!

#30772 Reply
    Keith
    Participant

Hi Conorob25. Thanks for the encouraging feedback. It’s a challenge to keep a good groove going, without getting too sloppy.

#30773 Reply
    KevinG
    Participant

I could see the first one being used on a kind of quirky or strange docu-series. Like the Dark Tourist or something similar. It’s kind of upbeat but dark at the same time.

#30792 Reply
    Jeff Roe

Lot of good ideas; I’d start upgrading your libraries for a better overall sound. I can definitely hear some possibilities for advertising. If you’re not using a DAW, get one and learn everything you can about it so you’re fluent with it’s features. Keep up the good work!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Reply #30770 in Developing My Process – Feedback Appreciated
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us