Devumi (Soundcloud pay for plays/likes…)

Home Forums General Questions Devumi (Soundcloud pay for plays/likes…)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Wall_E
    Participant
      I’m really open to criticism about this.

Nowadays is so hard to get your music heard and to be a one-man band (compose, record, mix, master, produce, promote, network, teach, emails, loved ones, house, rent, food, health and blablabla).

So what do you think about services like Devumi or similar? Yes, I know that we’re talking about fake likes/listens/followers and that it completely mess up your stats BUT here’s my 2 cents…

…I often find myself browsing on soundcloud looking for great new composers to listen to and a tiny part of me, I admit, is still judging them according to the number of followers and listens. What if a music supervisor, a director, a game developer do the same? Even if without realizing it?

Maybe services like this can be a social-boost, eventually!
    We are perfectly aware that is a fake but maybe, since most of the people we are dealing with are not musicians, they are not and can truly help our business.

What’s your take on this? 🙂

Wall_E

#29716 Reply
    TechNoiZ
    Participant

I’m not sure about paying for likes/followers etc but I do use Soundcloud a lot for listening and research as I find that amongst all those millions of banal, self-promoting tracks there are a few absolutely fantastic musical gems. There are definitely musicians on there that make beautiful, though-provoking and often challenging music just because they can. Its probably the lack of a huge number of followers/listens that makes it all the more rewarding when you find them. I’m not sure where else you’d go to just browse, take a chance and get that ultra-rewarding hit of finding something amazing with nothing stoping you but sheer effort on your own part.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Reply #29716 in Devumi (Soundcloud pay for plays/likes…)
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us