Discovery placement still a mystery

Home Forums PROs Discovery placement still a mystery

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    daveydad
    Participant

I posted last quarter that I had a cue used in Discovery’s prime time show, Dual Survival. My BMI statement showed I got 200% of the royalties – publisher and writer. Some of you felt that perhaps some intern made a mistake and I would be docked the extra in the future.

Well, this past statement, I had several more placements at the same 200% rate. So, I asked several libraries I’m with if they had placed the track and they all said no. And I’ve never had a sale of it on a RF site either.

So how in the world did it get in the show??? Not complaining… payout was the highest on that statement!

#27012 Reply
    GoldenEar
    Participant

Dual is typically Discovery, Coney Island, and maybe Mibe I believe. That show uses a main writer…those other libraries fill in. Hope this helps.

#27017 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

Hmm, I know it’s not MIBE, they rejected that track! Might be Coney Island but why haven’t they caught the mistake yet?

#27018 Reply
    GoldenEar

No way to know for sure, but it sounds like an editor filled something in wrong. I would email CIM and give them the name of the cue and take it from there.

#27236 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

Solved the mystery. It took about 10 months for someone to finally file the cue sheet correctly. GoldenEar was right, the placement was done by Coney Island Music. So I assume my next BMI statement will be about $146 less because of this. 🙁

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Reply #27236 in Discovery placement still a mystery
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us