Distribution platforms such as Spotify, itunes, and such worth the effort?

Home Forums General Questions Distribution platforms such as Spotify, itunes, and such worth the effort?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    cyberk91
    Participant

Is it worth the effort to distribute music to these platforms i.e Spotify, itunes Amazon music? I heard it was all an algorithm game on how many plays you may get or if any at all. I’m just not sure how far I want to go down this road may as well stick with libraries. Some libraries and using Tunecore allow you distribute to these platforms just wondering if anyone has had any really good success at this. thanks for any thoughts on the subject.

#37989 Reply
    domahidimusic
    Participant

Hi cyberk91!
    if you are artist (singer,producer) then yes you should distribute your music on Spotify.
    Create a plan but it is very time consuming and requires even financial investment.
    If you are a composer/beatmaker it is a complete waist of time and you should invest your time putting your compositions where mostly your potential clients are. on Spotify, itunes Amazon music you find only listeners that can became your fans but not your clients….

#37992 Reply
    cyberk91
    Participant

Thanks for the input domahidimusic. I thought as much just needed to get thoughts on the idea.

#37997 Reply
    Heartland
    Participant

Hi

I issue some of my recordings via Routenote using the free plan.I will normally wait until I have an album worth of similar material, The amount of work required is minimal.This hits the majority of streaming sites including Spotify, Amazon, Apple Music etc. Whilst the earnings are minimal it does give more exposure over the long term.

I exclude YouTube Content ID and Facebook to avoid issues when the tracks are then licenced through my Non-Exclusive libraries.

Cheers

H

#38002 Reply
    cyberk91
    Participant

Thanks for the info Heartland I’ll check it out 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Reply #37992 in Distribution platforms such as Spotify, itunes, and such worth the effort?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us