DIY website builders

Home Forums General Questions DIY website builders

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Musicmatters
    Participant

I was wondering if any of you have had any experience with DIY website builders like WIX or bandzoogle etc. They seem to have come a long way and seems to be much easier as compared to wordpress. They also include ecommerce which could be used for direct licensing etc. Thanks for any feedback 🙂

#25288 Reply
    Mike Marino
    Participant

Interested in this as well.

#25295 Reply
    MaxPower
    Participant

Wix is pretty good. You can achieve good results on there and get a nice looking site without having to be an expert on code etc. You can also get a domain name without the Wix prefix if you pay a small subscription.
    Godaddy is also good – they have flexible packages where you can choose domain names, personalised email addresses, website builders etc. It’s fun to play around with (although it eats time!) and again you can make something pretty good looking without having to be a web genius.
    If you want to sell your own music and be able to deliver downloadable files (wav & mp3 etc) Source Audio looks good – http://www.sourceaudio.com/ – although I haven’t checked out the rates. A lot of libraries are now hosting their entire catalogues through them. 🙂

#25312 Reply
    Musicmatters
    Participant

Thanks for your input @maxpower I was looking at the ecommerce package and was assuming that you could use that for licensing purposes as well. Any idea about that ? thanks. I will check out the rates at sourceaudio. I know it makes sense for bigger publishers but perhaps sourceaudio has a package for composers too…

#25313 Reply
    dcrhere
    Participant

SourceAudio has a new ecommerce package due out at the end of the month or there abouts. Totally designed from the ground up just for the music library business.

#25315 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Currently gets very pricey, fast!

#25316 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

SourceAudio has a new ecommerce package due out at the end of the month or there abouts. Totally designed from the ground up just for the music library business.

Hi dcrhere, is there any involvement with youtube ContentID or AdShare?

That would present a problem for many composers.

Michael

#25317 Reply
    Mark Lewis
    Participant

Hi dcrhere, is there any involvement with youtube ContentID

Yes, in fact it appears that they have just dumped a whole load of composer’s music into youtube contentID without their knowledge or permission negatively impacting many other music libraries.
    I guess that is what happens to music libraries that depend on a third party company for their ecommerce and distribution system instead of building their own. Loss of control over the intellectual property they represent.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Reply #25312 in DIY website builders
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us