Does my sound reach Industry Standards?

Home Forums Critiques Does my sound reach Industry Standards?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ctonthetrack
    Participant

Hello,

I’m trying to figure out what needs to be done to my mix. Please let me know If I have reached industry standards. Should I take it to get professionally mixed? Is mastering needed? Thanks. http://www.ctonthetrack.com

#17863 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

Yeah, go get it mixed and mastered. You will learn something from what the professionals do to your track.

#17865 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

@ctonthetrack. Your cues sound fine.

If you’re worried about mastering get yourself some mastering plugs, like Ozone5, or the Flux Mastering Pack.

#17866 Reply
    Chuck Mott

Ozone 5 is a great plugin. Kind of a track by track thing though in my opinion. Some tracks I thought it was absolutely wonderful, others the SSL bus compressor sounds better to my ears. When Ozone 5 works it’s a home run though. I think you’re stuff sounds great .

#17868 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

When Ozone 5 works it’s a home run though. I think you’re stuff sounds great .

I have Ozone5 Advanced. You can break out all of the modules, instead of just using global presets.

That said, you can still go into each module of regular Ozone and adjust things. I highly recommend getting a good tutorial, so that you can get the most out of Ozone.
    http://www.groove3.com/str/ozone-5-explained.html

#17870 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

Thanks for the link Michael. I’ve owned it for a month or so, great product.

#17872 Reply
    Rob (Cruciform)

Hi CT,

Sounds pretty good to me. I don’t hear anything that screams you need to pay for a professional. My one suggestion would be to use more of the full stereo field when you’re mixing. A lot of what I’m hearing sounds very centred.

Word of advice: don’t have autoplay enabled on your website. 😉

Great stuff, overall.

#17893 Reply
    ctonthetrack
    Participant

Thank you all for the critique. Really does help alot.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Does my sound reach Industry Standards?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us