Does Scripps pay royalties (since owned by Discovery)?

Home Forums General Questions Does Scripps pay royalties (since owned by Discovery)?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    jdstamper
    Participant

Are the Scripps channels now paying royalties?

Scripps Networks was purchased by Discovery and the deal was closed in March 2018.

Discovery channels pay back end royalties (let us hope this is not changing), while Scripps channels did not (!!!)

Scripps channels include: HGTV, Food Network, DIY Network, Cooking Channel (formerly known as Fine Living), Travel Channel and Great American Country

This has been asked before, I thought someone might have an answer by now

#30474 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Are the Scripps channels now paying royalties?

Only time will tell. I do get paid on a Cooking Channel show but still not on the other channels.

#30523 Reply
    gdomeier
    Participant

It’s a mixed bag. I had one scrips show send cue sheets to my pro and I get paid on them. When I contacted the pro about missing sheets for the same show, they say they don’t pay out on scripps shows :/

#30527 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

I posted previously (lost when Art changed the look here) my last domestic statement had 35 TLC placements on it. I’m also getting paid for an infomercial being broadcast on HGTV, DIY, FOOD, Travel, GAC. All the Scripps channels I guess.

#30528 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

We are all hoping that the actual Scripps shows will start paying for performances now that the merger is complete.

BTW TLC is a Discovery show not Scripps. They have always paid.

#30529 Reply
    jdstamper
    Participant

Hey Michael, also congrats on all the placements! Jim

#31415 Reply
    Afilion
    Participant

Any updates on this guys? Anyone receiving any backend now?

#31893 Reply
    Afilion
    Participant

Bump…
    I found Discovery’s own music library..might that be a reason that people are getting less placements on Discovery shows?

About us

#34152 Reply
    paul

Hello there
    anyone can tell me how looks the situation with HGTV (US) royalties at the moment after the whole action with Discovery who owns hgtv now ?
    thx!

#39106 Reply
    White_Stripes
    Participant

has anyone received any royalties from the above mentioned channels in the meantime?

#39107 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

has anyone received any royalties from the above mentioned channels in the meantime?

Yes

#44061 Reply
    Afilion
    Participant

Has anyone ever received royalties for Beat Bobby Flay or BBQ Brawl on Food Network? I can see some other Food Network shows like Chopped, filling cue sheets but not the production company behind all the Bobby Flay shows.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Reply #30523 in Does Scripps pay royalties (since owned by Discovery)?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us