Exclusive vs. Non-Exclusive contract Terms

Home Forums Contracts Exclusive vs. Non-Exclusive contract Terms

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Alan
    Participant

Hey all,

What are the “standard” terms for an Exclusive library with no up front money? Is there a standard expectation regarding splits and options to cancel if nothing gets licensed?

After a couple of years at this, I expect to see around 50/50 licensing and 50/50 back end from a non-exclusive. Should I expect something different from an exclusive?

#5422 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

“What are the “standard” terms for an Exclusive library with no up front money?”

Generally speaking I would say 50/50 on sync license and 50/50 on PRO income with some type if reversion clause after two or three years. Income threshold on reversion if necessary.

#5430 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

Thanks Art

#5555 Reply
    marcustaylor

Hi Alan,

Based on our contracts (http://www.themusiciansguide.co.uk/music-contracts.php) we have a non-exclusive licensing contract which is standardised at 50/50. However, if a company is looking for exclusivity then they would need to offer you more (whether that’s in terms of royalties, creative control, or other is a different matter). Feel free to drop me an email (marcus at themusiciansguide dot co dot uk) if you’d like me to send over more info about the contracts.

Cheers

#7398 Reply
    scottcampbellmusic
    Participant

I’m very new to this biz, am I correct to think that assuming I sign a ‘standard’ exclusive deal with a library, I can sign other non ex or ex with other companies, submitting DIFFERENT music

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Exclusive vs. Non-Exclusive contract Terms
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us