fake soundcloud users?

Home Forums General Questions fake soundcloud users?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    gdomeier
    Participant

I have noticed lately that when I upload a new tune, that I get a couple “likes” right away. Usually the song isn’t played as far as I can tell from mystats. I have checked a couple of those users out and find they are liking more songs per minute than is humanly possible to do.

What’s the purpose of that?

#14188 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

Usually it’s a spammer. Sometimes they are scantily clad women (in the profile pic) who just happen to love your music and are dying to get to know you better by sharing their photos. 😉

Other times it’s someone wanting to sell you something music related such as production services, memberships, etc.

🙂

#14189 Reply
    Grant Tregellas
    Participant

Yeah, I’ve got quite a few of those “scantily clad women” following me. Pity its only on Soundcloud…..:)

#14201 Reply
    dave

Other times it is users trying to interact with your account in the hope that you then check out the user that liked the track, then listen to their music / follow them etc, for this they use software like “soundcloudmanager”

As mentioned above, other times it is just to boost followers to a fake account (by using a pretty girl, come on guys we know this works lol), then these fake accounts will repost a track and it will be syndicated to the streams of all followers

#14202 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

In my case, of course, the beautiful & scantily clad women are genuinely interested in me. 😉

#14203 Reply
    Chuck Mott

What’s say we leave my legit sound cloud groupies out of this…..

#14204 Reply
    Mikl Moose

I’ve noticed this recently as well. Just ignore it.

#14205 Reply
    Chuck Mott

Getting worse. though. I used to get one, maybe 2 as soon as I pated. Yesterday I got 6.

#14207 Reply
    Happy Ears
    Participant

Reminds me of the endorsing trend on LinkedIn, people you’ve never meet endorsing you for something in hopes of you endorsing them….I’m gonna start endorsing people for BS and fake endorsements 🙂

#14209 Reply
    Jay

Getting worse. though. I used to get one, maybe 2 as soon as I pated. Yesterday I got 6.

I got 8 the other night..thought I was going to win a grammy or something 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: fake soundcloud users?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us