Faux Music Supe: Champion or Foe?

Home Forums General Questions Faux Music Supe: Champion or Foe?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    bigg rome

Here is the video where top music sups laughed when a audience member brought up the “car company” …

Moderator says ” You gonna open up a can of wroms, baby..lol

MUSIC IN FILM & TV THE ERA OF “THAT SONG”
    Canadian Music Week

skip to (35:38) of the video link to see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I60OEjd_91Q&list=PLE5418BE152CBFE9B

bigg rome

This is the panel for that video above:

Ron Proulx
    Arpix Media Inc.

Johnny Hockin
    The Much MTV Group

Richard Glasser
    Executive In Charge of Music Film/TV
    The Weinstein Co

Mamie Coleman
    VP, Music & Production
    Fox Broadcasting Company

Rochelle Holguin
    Sr. Director, MTV Creative Music Integration
    MTV Music & Talent Department

Daryl Berg
    Executive Director, Music
    Shine America

Chris Mollere
    Music Supervisor
    Fusion Music Supervision

John Bissell
    Music Supervisor
    Mothlight Music

I will take thier word for it…

fauxmusicsupe

Bigg Rome,

It’s the FMS in the flesh..

Alot of Supes don’t utilize the cab company. Sorry. On the otherhand, many do. Some Supes on that panel above host semi-private events that cost $350 for them to listen to three tracks of yours. It all depends on what works for you, just keep an open mind and do your research, don’t let anyone (me included) tell you what’s good or bad

bigg rome

Cool, I appreciate you saying this.. I think I like the private thing. Gonna check into that. On there hand. that SyncFox thins is scary as hell

Desire_Inspires
    Participant

Since I am not making six figures yet, I will use all tools available to get my music out there. I am my own man.

Jay

I don’t plan on contacting music supervisors directly or anything but I really enjoyed the insight this video gave..some of this I already knew..some I didn’t..as for a certain company..I wasn’t surprised by the answers they gave but I was a member for a short time and learned a lot there…not all bad but not all good either..anyway..thanks for posting and I really feel fortunate to have had some success in this business..as noted here there’s a lot of music out there and if someone in the biz has used your stuff you should feel fortunate..and you should be paid..it was refreshing to see that some music supervisors (hopefully all) are just music fans at heart 🙂

me too

The only cab I ride is on the street, so please…but ppl are desperate

The Dude

Great video, thanks for posting Bigg Rome.

guscave
    Participant

Thanks for sharing this video.

Art Munson
    Keymaster

Richard Glasser
    Executive In Charge of Music Film/TV
    The Weinstein Co

Richard and I go back a long way and that reminds me I really should call him. Sometimes I forget who I know!

Desire_Inspires
    Participant

Just read my post about Fauxmusicsupe at the “car company” website. The owner of the “car company” has stated that Fauxmusicsupe has attended the yearly conference in the past. I guess that his identity is an open secret to those in the correct inner circles.

It will be very interesting to see how Fauxmusicsupe’s tweets and viewpoints change once he is finally revealed.

bigg rome

There is a connection to the ‘car company’ somehow.
    Nobody goes that hard for that company. Especially after seeing some of the well known music sups say ” no” without hesitation the company.

I truly hope ‘fauxmusicsupe’ is not part of a ploy to somehow get people to sign up with the “car company” via the twitter account.

If the owner knows him,… the truth will be exposed very soon. Just a matter of time. I think he might have outed himself by constantly mentioning the company,lol

bigg rome

Art, you should never let a good contact go to waste, my friend.

Desire_Inspires
    Participant

I have an idea who Fauxmusicsupe may be. The person I am thinking of actually does business with the car company. This person actually posts on that forum from time to time. I could be dead wrong though.

BTW, I used that car company for a few years when I was new to the business. I will give no praise or criticism to the company. Each composer should decide for himself or herself what avenues to take.

Interesting, nonetheless.

Advice
    Participant

I know we don’t want to get into a big debate about that “car company” but to be fair, one point needs to be made. Music sups get tons of music from libraries and often have no knowledge of how that music got into those libraries to begin with. So they may very well be using music that came through that “car company”.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • The topic ‘Faux Music Supe: Champion or Foe?’ is closed to new replies.
X

Forgot Password?

Join Us