Faux Music Supe: Champion or Foe?

Home Forums General Questions Faux Music Supe: Champion or Foe?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    bigg rome

The issue is not a bout libraries using them. The is about music sups backing it. The video make it too clear especially with the reaction . Once that name comes up. It wasn’t a positive one.

I am sure if these guy knew it was them, they might think twice based off of that. If you watch the video above the guy immediately started shaking his head in despair off the mention of them. lol

bigg rome

I recently got a really big placement. Just building my own relationship with a very cool music supervisor. Not hounding him, but truly engaging in the thing we we both love which is “music”.

That same song that was placed was rejected by (you know who) for so-called being not being well written. Now you have new companies charging membership like joining a gym.. Its started to even more crazy. Information is key to avoid pitfalls within this side of the music business.

Art Munson
    Keymaster

Art, you should never let a good contact go to waste, my friend.

Yep, sometimes I’m my own worst enemy! ๐Ÿ™

Just sent him an e-mail though.

Desire_Inspires
    Participant

I recently got a really big placement. Just building my own relationship with a very cool music supervisor. Not hounding him, but truly engaging in the thing we we both love which is “music”.

Congratulations.

Never let a company tell you that you do not matter. Besides the “car company”, I have been rejected by most major and minor libraries out there. It doesn’t even matter.

I worked hard and succeeded despite setbacks. No need to disparage a company for not accepting your music. You have to accept yourself and make things happen.

bigg rome

Not disparaging any company, just point to the fact of why the music sups said what he said on the vid. The logic behind it totally off.

If a free libraries can do the same, does it make any since to pay over and over and over and over for a (YES). That is the point.

The music sups point is that it’s not, which makes total sense to me. By doing my own homework I make further advance than dealing with something like that. Some people are desperate .

I said this before. You cannot critic a music licensing song submission with the usual,common type ear of an A&R. You are ” NOT” trying to search for a #1 record for billboard persay. That is what is happening in these type of situations. Critic lyrics for a music licensing submission is ridiculous cause, no one knows what a project might request

Desire_Inspires
    Participant

The music sups point is that it’s not, which makes total sense to me. By doing my own homework I make further advance than dealing with something like that. Some people are desperate .

I said this before. You cannot critic a music licensing song submission with the usual,common type ear of an A&R. You are ” NOT” trying to search for a #1 record for billboard persay. That is what is happening in these type of situations. Critic lyrics for a music licensing submission is ridiculous cause, no one knows what a project might request

Good points, Bigg Rome. ๐Ÿ˜‰

bigg rome

Thanks. I just found this article from another forum.
    Scroll down to the last question asked to this music supervisor.

http://www.ascap.com/playback/2013/01/features/ten-tips-from-music-supervisor-daryl-berg.aspx

ChuckMott
    Participant

Let’s be fair, the supvervisor is one of the guys from the video mentioned. I am a car company member and thought they were extremely help in the year and 4 months I’ve been doing this. The hope now is that maybe the car company may, er, drive me to a contact I’ve not been able to make inroads to. Their forums are great and I do believe I’ve made a significant amount of progress in the year and 4 months I’ve been doing this largely in part to some very helpful members advice. But honestly I’ve had more luck , rather success due to my own persistence, getting into libraries here in one month then a year and 4 months there. They have also been helpful in my learning curve of writing for specific library requests which is a skill I’ve come a long way with in that time. If I do leave at the end of my two year membership I would not have regretted joining. On the other hand I wouldn’t exactly call that a recommendation and if it weren’t for the forums I’d quite possibly be on here ranting also. Oh and I also thought they were a good “training ground” as my goal was to submit through there, get my confidence and skill level where I wanted it, and submit to libraries on my own.

BIGG ROME

What I am learning is that the older generation feel for the “car company” more than new generation.

The new generation knows how to get info quick online. Whereas a lot of the older generations are not that savvy and the “car company” seemed like a good option to learn.

In the internet age , the “car company” is just not doing it. Maybe when everyone was first getting online. But, now all those kinds of companies should have been out. But it really is the older generation that is keeping them afloat. I think they know this too.

The youth we know how to move around and get the info.
    No need to pay $300 a year or whatever. It doesn’t make sense to us.
    Especially when we are seeing the info same in for FREE!

If more people even knew about ART, they would have saved a lot of money, but because they are not doing the research you PAY!

Now Art is charging which is has every right, but for the longest Art site was FREE and the information was always around.

MichaelL
    Participant

What I am learning is that the older generation feel for the “car company” more than new generation.

ROTFLMAO. Gee Art, we’re probably both old enough to be BIGG ROME’S Daddy. Shall we sign up for “the car company,” while we still have the strength to get up off our rockers? ๐Ÿ˜›

BIGG ROME

Hey Its true man.

I started 4 years ago and I get placement at least twice a month. (up front syncs). Thanks to sites like Art and a few others.

I saw this page went through and went to work.

The car company cannot compare to this site in my opinion. Even though Art charges now. It still beat the “car company”,most older guys are not internet savvy enough, so they got the old A&R thing going in thier mind.

The old music business way of doing things

You don’t need an A&R For Music Licensing. HELLO!
    In the 80’s/90’s, It worked, now, no way.

It’s too many videos, too much knowledge online, to not know what to do. FREE! All the conferences, upload thier videos, speakers upload videos. FREE!

Art Munson
    Keymaster

while we still have the strength to get up off our rockers?

Ehhh? What did you say? Hearing is not quite as good and I’m still stuck in my rocker. Then again, we always rock!

ChuckMott
    Participant

Don’t need to sell me on this site, I have a 200 year subscription :).

Desire_Inspires

The new generation knows how to get info quick online. Whereas a lot of the older generations are not that savvy and the “car company” seemed like a good option to learn.

I do not agree with this statement. I guess I would be considered young, but I know many people my age and lower that cannot operate the Internet outside of Google, Facebook, YouTube, or Twitter.

Learning how to use the Internet isn’t necessarily difficult. But some people do not have any motivation to use the Internet outside of very specific purposes. It takes some people longer to learn things and they give up after a few mouse clicks or finger scrolls.

While the “car company” may not be useful to some, it is a valued resource to others. Some people would rather pay for access to listings and info. Even though info can be gained for free, paying for the package helps others to learn more in a measured pace. The “car company” is no different than someone going to school to learn how to play guitar. Not everyone wants to learn by taking the garage band approach.

Advice
    Participant

Don’t need to sell me on this site, I have a 200 year subscription

200 years?? Wow, Chuck!!

LOL! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • The topic ‘Faux Music Supe: Champion or Foe?’ is closed to new replies.
X

Forgot Password?

Join Us