FauxMusicSupe response for supporting TAXI

Home Forums General Questions FauxMusicSupe response for supporting TAXI

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    bigg rome

FauxMusicSupe ?@FauxMusicSupe
    Early bird THR Conf. registration is $400. Taxi conference is $250 for TWO passes. Any questions?

Daryl Berg ?@darylberg
    @FauxMusicSupe A steal why? you should never have to pay for someone to listen to you rmusic. Stealing money maybe..

@darylberg I snuck into the conference last year, for $125 a person it’s a steal. That said i don’t know any supes who get taxi submissions

Daryl Berg ?@darylberg
    @FauxMusicSupe Taxi? really?

Early bird THR Conf. registration is $400. Taxi conference is $250 for TWO passes. Any questions?

Thanks to @darylberg for making me realize the need for clarification…

I’m only endorsing going to the TAXI CONFERENCE. For the yearly Taxi sign up fee, the conference is a great way to meet new people

If you feel the need to pay people to listen to individual songs of yours, don’t pay taxi….pay ME. fauxmusicsupe@gmail.com paypal me.

Interesting. A music supervisor confirms not many main sups go to taxi for their music.

#6173 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

The Taxi conference (The “Road Rally”) is amazingly great. Definitely attend if you can. Taxi members get 2 tickets (One for them and one guest pass) as part of their membership. If you are not a member and know one, they might be able to give you a guest pass and you could attend at no cost.

#6178 Reply
    bigg rome

Why would I attend? If it is stated that major supes are not there. I don’t want to just hear someone spouting off stuff I already understand.

It seems the real supes are at Narip, mores because they always on that site showing someone. Plus the admin is way cheaper. I want to see a working active major supe name from past Taxi conference, not some A&R who is out of a job, cause the record industry has changed.

But I trust Narip a heck of a lot more.

#6172 Reply
    bigg rome

I also wonder what will be Taxi response to this.

#6185 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

I’m not going to get into that whole Taxi good or bad thing. As far as the Road Rally, judge for yourself. Here is last year’s schedule. Major music sups and library execs are very much present, not to mention the many successful composers who are very much worth networking with.

http://www.taxi.com/rally/11/2011-Rally-Schedule.pdf

#6186 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

I think my last post must be awaiting moderation. ?

#6189 Reply
    Gus

I’m planning to go to the Road Rally this year. A couple of publishers I’ve worked with have already told me they’re going. Also there are some very good composers that I’ve been talking to online for a couple of years that I would like to meet up with.

#6192 Reply
    Ruiz
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve got a question regarding Taxi.

I live in the Netherlands and for me Taxi was the first “hands on” opportunity to submit my music to a foreign based company that could review and give an opinion about my music so i could grow as a songwriter and composer.

I am in my 3rd year of my Taxi membership and although i have gotten a lot of forwards from Taxi, i haven’t got almost no response from the listing parties involved.

Much to the advise of fellow MSR regular forum posters, i have gotten into a few libraries, with 13 songs now in Crucial Music.

So in response of a topic stated above, does anyone has significant numbers that Taxi has real value in getting your music to the right person in the industry at all?

I have learned a lot from the critics at taxi and the Road Rally can be really inspiring( i had a workshop with Pat Pattison on lyrics the was really awesome), but in the end it feels as if your fighting against a wall of Taxi A+R sups, that don’t have a real impact in the listings they are offering.

Please let me know what your experience is.

kind regards,

ruiZ

#6194 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

I’ve had good experiences with Taxi and I am a fan and supporter. Some forwards, some deals that I may or may not have gotten without them. I find networking with their community- the road rally and their forum to be a huge plus.

That being said, some have done better as far as library deals outside of  Taxi, some better through Taxi, and some a mixed bag. If you were able to get *13* songs signed with Crucial, you are obviously writing top notch film/TV songs! Congrats! That says that the quality of your material is certainly high enough that you could approach many high end libraries directly with good success.

One thing I’d say is $199/yr renewal price is not that much IMHO and anytime you make contact with a new library who likes your work, it can be a very productive thing. Sometimes one forward/one callback can mean 20 tracks signed with a new library. So consider that for the renewal price, you have an additional outlet to possibly make more library contacts. And the price included the road rally.

I hope this thread doesn’t turn into one of those ugly Taxi/anti-Taxi things. What works for some may not work for others and vice-versa.

BTW, they are running a number of direct to supervisor listings the past year and there is definite value in those.

🙂

#6195 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

“I think my last post must be awaiting moderation. ?”

Posts with links will automatically get sent to moderation.

#6193 Reply
    bigg rome

That is what I have to realize. The fight with the A&R subjective opinion about songs are usally way off base. I had thier  A&R tell me my songs are not quite professional, to  later be used in several major TV Shows. This is what I can’t understand about it. This was last year. I would never sign up to them again.

Art why are you blocking my posts. I’m not saying any thing crazy?

#6241 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

“Art why are you blocking my posts. I’m not saying any thing crazy?”

Sorry bigg rome, I’m trying to figure out why you are being blocked. There’s no indication on the back end but I am working on it. Please bear with me.

#6258 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

” I had thier  A&R tell me my songs are not quite professional…”

Did they explain what they meant, like “you need better samples” or “you need to master your tracks?”

A blanket statement, without details, is not constructive criticism that will help you improve in any way. I thought that part of their sales pitch was that writers get valuable “feedback” from experienced pros.

#6260 Reply
    Ruiz
    Participant

Hi,

I’m not saying that i’m against Taxi or anything like it.

I’ve become a little bit sceptical about their connections and follow ups from the listing sups.

In fact when i started submitting songs, i’ve learned a lot from their critiques, especially in the lyrics section, which is of course not in my language.

Their critique can be very extensive and detailed, which is a good thing.

However, this year i have had a lot of forwards in which their critique was really positive and haven’t had any response from the listing party involved.

It could mean 2 things;

Or my songs are not competitive enough for the “real” music sups, or Taxi lacks the credibility in the “real” world.

It still takes a lot of effort to write the best songs you can write and there’s the fee of 5$ for each song. It does add up at the end of a year.

I made the most progress reading the MLR forum posts 🙂

#6261 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

Ruiz

I have heard of many situations where members were contacted by listing parties as far out as 2 years after forwards. That doesn’t mean you WILL get contacted, of course. The more competitive and “high bar” the listing, the lower the chance of getting contacted. For example, a forward for a $25,000 license fee ad agency listing has a much lower chance of contact than one to a music library.

Bigg Rome

One thing I’ll always say is people should go with what is working for them best. If you are getting placements outside of Taxi but didn’t have success using Taxi, then that tells you what direction is best for you.

This is similar to asking people which libraries they think are good vs. not. There is no right answer because everyone’s results will be different.

😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
Reply To: FauxMusicSupe response for supporting TAXI
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us