Feedback on this please?

Home Forums General Questions Feedback on this please?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Greg

Hope it works out for you Art.  Fyi, there is a lot of good info at this link.

http://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=8427.0

#9723 Reply
    euca
    Participant

Thanks for the info. Greg. How does it work with other sample libraries? Just curious how well it would work with Lass or a similar string sample library.

#9724 Reply
    Greg

I have been using it with the various vst plugins I have and they all work as expected.  No issues at all.  It’s a solid piece of gear.

I have had a few problems that I believe are related to the ftp software (random crashes).  Hopefully they will be sorted out with future software releases.

#9840 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Got mine the other day and installed yesterday. Easy to set up but wouldn’t know it by the instructions! Only played with it a it but so far so good.

#9846 Reply
    GaryW
    Participant

Ordered my Triple Play yesterday, and should have it by the weekend.

#9847 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Congrats Gary!

#9898 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I’m lovin’ the Triple Play, it really is pretty slick. How are the rest of you faring?

#9899 Reply
    GaryW
    Participant

Art:
    Just got mine yesterday, and I really like it. Haven’t quite finished downloading the bundled software, but tried it with what I have, and had no tracking problems, or latency problems. Installation of the hardware unit was simple as well.
    Very cool

#9900 Reply
    Greg

Mine is great with one exception. The two set screws used to raise/lower the pickup on each end don’t move. I do want to bump the height on the low side for sure, but can’t at this point.

I haven’t contacted fishman about it yet though.

#9901 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

@GaryW. I haven’t installed the bundle software yet. Been using it with my regular soft synths without problems.

@Greg
    . Mine were a bit tough to move the first time but do move. Not much travel in them though.

Years ago I had that weird midi guitar from Yamaha with plastic strings. Ugh! This device is amazing and wireless. I’m in heaven!

#9917 Reply
    GaryW
    Participant

Big time problems downloading and getting the bundled software and getting the presets to work. Fortunately I have enough soft synths to work with already so it’s not a big issue. But a glitch. Anyone else having this problem?

#9920 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

So far I haven’t installed the bundled software. At some point I will give it a try.

#10566 Reply
    Greta Link
    Participant

Hey guys I know this is an old post but figured some may find this interesting:

http://www.jamorigin.com/midi-guitar/Windows-Mac/index.html

It’s a VST that turns your guitar into a live midi signal! All you need to do is plug your guitar into your computer via an audio card. I just got it recently and it’s amazing. I dabble on the piano but am primarily a guitar player so I think this will be a great creative tool for me in writing more intuitive, complex lines. It still is in BETA mode so it does have its little quirks here and there but it works very very well so far. It’s only $100 and you get free updates. I did a lot of research looking it up on Youtube before I spent the cash…there are lots of wonderful vids of people playing with it on youtube so you can see examples yourself, just search for ‘jamorigin’.

I’m in no way affiliated with the company, but figured it may be interesting to some people wanting a cheap midi guitar solution!

Greta

P.S. From the site you can also download a completely usable demo of it to test it out, it just makes a static noise every minute or so.

#10574 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

@Greta Link: Review here:

Jam Origin – Review

#10575 Reply
    Greta Link
    Participant

Oh cool! Thanks Art. Sorry I didn’t realize someone already brought this up here at MLR.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
Reply To: Reply #9722 in Feedback on this please?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us