Feedback on this please?

Home Forums General Questions Feedback on this please?

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Greg

Yes, it works on mac and Ipad as well.  My understanding is you can assign each string to a different midi channel.  The tracking is very good.  Here is demo I did recording the midi output from the triple play and the 1/4″ out of my guitar at the same time.

The triple play and the 1/4″ synched right up.  There was no more lag with the midi than with the triple play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgeQnUILJA&list=UUbBbgJsmNNzjvYVPjDFBshQ&index=2

The 1/4″ signal isn’t going through any amp sims, it just raw and direct.

Lastly, here is the same demo from above but the keys were replaced with the free version of addictive keys.  I left the pad in the background though.

https://soundcloud.com/project-dome/sadness-1

#9715 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

@Del Smyth “but if you want real piano and real violin sounds have you considered using real instruments and players?”

Live players versus midi has been discussed “Ad Nauseam” on MLR and is not the topic of this thread. Please don’t hijack threads!

Thank you.

Art

#9716 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

@Greg, on the youtube clip it seems to track astonishingly well. The issue with these things in the past always was the amount of time it took to recognize the pitch and then transmit it over midi, ok for doing swell type pad sounds etc, these guys seemed to have nailed it.

#9719 Reply
    GaryW
    Participant

More info in the Triple Play. I know a couple of people at Fishman and have been following the development of the TP. It was first shown at Winter NAMM 2011, and was still in beta-testing.

Fishman has spent a lot of time beta-testing this unit almost 2-3 years, and Jon Mclaughlin was part of the team testing it.

They really took their time with this, which would make me trust getting one. I’ve seen it demoed live as well, and it is very accurate and the sounds are very good. As with anything new there is a learning curve with it.

#9720 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Just ordered mine. BTW thanks Greg!

#9722 Reply
    Greg

Hope it works out for you Art.  Fyi, there is a lot of good info at this link.

http://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=8427.0

#9723 Reply
    euca
    Participant

Thanks for the info. Greg. How does it work with other sample libraries? Just curious how well it would work with Lass or a similar string sample library.

#9724 Reply
    Greg

I have been using it with the various vst plugins I have and they all work as expected.  No issues at all.  It’s a solid piece of gear.

I have had a few problems that I believe are related to the ftp software (random crashes).  Hopefully they will be sorted out with future software releases.

#9840 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Got mine the other day and installed yesterday. Easy to set up but wouldn’t know it by the instructions! Only played with it a it but so far so good.

#9846 Reply
    GaryW
    Participant

Ordered my Triple Play yesterday, and should have it by the weekend.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 40 total)
Reply To: Feedback on this please?
Your information: