Feedback on this please?

Home Forums General Questions Feedback on this please?

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Not a problem Greta.

#32436 Reply
    IsmaelO

For the guitar players out there, are you still using it? Because I’m seriously considering moving away from the midi keyboard and just use my guitar with the Triple Play, I am a teeeerrible piano player.

I produce orchestral stuff so obviously need a way to send cc messages to control expression, vibrato, etc; I assume it can be done using expression pedals and converters like EX2M, am I right?

Thanks!

#32884 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Tiny bump!

#32899 Reply
    StevieBlunder
    Participant

Regarding the substitution of a guitar controller for a midi keyboard, I dont think this will ever work.A guitar controller is great for augmenting a keyboard, especially when you want to play single lines as string , synth or even piano sounds. You can use your guitar chops and, with quality sound libraries, get more than convincing performances. The problem is in playing full chords. Chorded backing tracks of ,lets say piano, will never sound as full when played with a guitar controller than they would when played with a keyboard. Best to learn minimal keyboards or master the function of a chord program such as Chord Track/Chord Pads in Cubase.

#32900 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

The problem is in playing full chords. Chorded backing tracks of ,lets say piano, will never sound as full when played with a guitar controller than they would when played with a keyboard.

I don’t think I’ve ever met a Guitar Player that could not at least block out chords on a Keyboard.

#32901 Reply
    StevieBlunder
    Participant

“I don’t think I’ve ever met a Guitar Player that could not at least block out chords on a Keyboard.”

eah, its not that hard, plus a daw like Cubase makes it easy

#32902 Reply
    Paul Biondi

For the guitar players out there, are you still using it?

@IsmaelOrtiz I just saw your post. You wrote that you produce mostly orchestral stuff. I use the Triple Play when it comes to smooth voice leading with small sections of orchestral instruments, I’m much faster (to arrange and perform) on the guitar with the triple play.

#32903 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I use the Triple Play when it comes to smooth voice leading with small sections of orchestral instruments, I’m much faster (to arrange and perform) on the guitar with the triple play.

Thanks Paul for reminding me to use my Triple Play more!

#32906 Reply
    boinkeee2000
    Participant

i have a GR55 that i use on my live gigs, may be a good idea for solo strings, havent crossed my mind to use it for prod music (duh)…it always felt better even with the slides, hammer ons/pull offs and vibrato (more expressive than keys)…good call

#32908 Reply
    Paul Biondi

@ Art and @boinkeee – hey guys that’s great!

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
Reply To: Reply #9900 in Feedback on this please?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us